Thursday, December 11, 2008

End of an era

Today spells the last day of primary school for Izzy and I'm already organising his school gear for next year. There's a bit of guess work involved though because there's no booklist in highschool, I'm just trying to think, practical, organised, easy... What do they use colouring-in pencils at high school?? My entire bookshelves are filled with state of the art folders and binders and document wallets, so I'll be dusting a few of those off and trying to get away with buying as little as possible this time.

I feel like I need to go through this whole house with a fine tooth comb as if we were moving out. The place is a bit of a shambles and it gets on my nerves. I need some serious organisation going on in here.

Well I finished my teaching contract. I'll miss a lot of the kids but I tell ya, a couple of them were SO out of control yesterday. Maybe because it is the last week with lots of fun activities going on and the relaxing of the usual routines. But holy shit, I came so close to dropping this big brute of a child flat on his arse, the vision of it was flashing in front of my eyes just before I dragged him off to the office instead and saved my career. And another misfit of a kid was picking up chairs and throwing them around. The other kids are just use to it and get about their activities sensibly while all this complete bedlam is going on around them, it's quite amazing. It was a shithouse note to finish off on and I tell you if I see either of them in the street in future and they wanna be my best friend I'm just going to have to say "don't ever approach me again, just turn around and walk the other." So harsh hey and I probably wouldn't even. But if you had to deal with these confrontational little shits you'd feel the same I swear.

Anyway my new contract has been approved for next year and my name is even alongside Mum's on the top of the class list. I've taught these kids before, they're mellow as. Anakin's daycare is all organised too and he starts one day a week in early January. We went for a visit on Tuesday and all the little kids were really interested in the both of us and the group leader was a beautiful girl. It's going to turn out real good.

Anyway Iz is hounding me for the computer and Anakin is trying to wipe mayonnaise all over me (his favourite snack??) so off I go for now..

No comments: