Monday, July 27, 2009

Birthday boy

Had a lovely couple of weekends again. No chance to blog.... well I'd probably have the time if I could correlate my thoughts as fast as I can type... a bit slow witted I think.

Bubby turned 3 last weekend. On the Saturday we took him for a bush walk to a beautiful sandy bay for a picnic and a bit of fishing. It was gorgeous weather and we ate cherries and apples and pistachio nuts.


I had tried to phone Izzy to join us, but couldn't reach him and was a bit sad he wasn't there. Anyway it's was so deserted over there we walked right to the middle of the bay and I took the opportunity to do a bit of nudey sunbaking. Greg was keeping an eye on the few people wandering around at the very ends of the huge stretch of beach through the binoculars to make sure noone was coming our way. After an examination of some newcomers, he reckons "one of those boys looks like Izzy!" I was too busy soaking in the rays and didn't pay too much attention. But we packed up and left soon after and made our way to the start of the trail where the two kids were. As we got closer I recognised the way one of them moved around and sung out "Izzy!!" Sure enough it was him! With his mate Owen! Of all people we could of seen! They'd come over to play Man Verse Wild (both my boys have been thoroughly affected by Bear Grills the survival expert) and spent the afternoon after we'd left, eating hermit crabs and pippies and battling the elements.

Saturday night we went to one of Greg's workmates birthday party and Anakin had a ball there too. We left for home pretty early (not so early that Greg didn't have a chance to get well stewed) because I still had to make birthday cake batter and wrap presents and Greg had to assemble Anakin's kitchen. He was complaining too "This thing has more screws in it than my shed!!". Plus we were missing a bit! Friggin piece 65!! Greg had to bodge it up out of an old piece of ply.

Sunday moring was classic with all the presents being opened. (We've had to re-enact that morning every day since) He's such a grateful little darling and then we all went to the markets for our favourite Thai breakfast.


He was a real head turner in his starwars trooper costume and his hero helmet firmly in place. Thankfully he fell asleep on the way home so I had a chance to put up some decorations, cook the cake, make punch etc before his party guests arrived (his bro and big cousins!).


It was a lovely little celebration and we finished it off with another bushwalk just before dark.


2 comments:

Danni said...

oh I love your baby bump!! Sounds like you had a wonderful few weeks!

Averil said...

Oh you have the cutest belly ever!!!!! xxxxx

Love the costume on Anakin - he's just adorable!!!