Saturday, February 28, 2009

Photo Tag

Thanks Vanilla for giving me something to do.
The rules:
1. Go to the section of your computer where you store all of your photos.
2. Select the 6th folder.
3. Select the 6th photo from that folder.
4. Post and explain about that picture.
5. Tag 6 other people

My Photo
Is from a folder called "Artists/Artwork" and is full of images of people who's artistic talents I admire. It has inspirational pictures of Eddie Vedder, Zac de la Rocha, Alanis Morrisette, Frida Kahlo, Marchesa Casati, Anais Nin, Gustav Klimt, Elsa Shiaperalli, plus just pictures of spunks like Cameron Flowers, Mark Ruffolo and again Eddie Vedder!

Picture number 6 is of Frances Farmer. I picked up her biography "Will There Really Be a Morning" from a secondhand book shop on my first and only trip to Byron Bay. And from the sounds of it she had an incredibly tragic life. It's difficult to picture the groomed, sad, girl in the picture in a mental institution being thrown into ice baths and chewing holes right through her lips from the cold. She suffered through some really horrendous situation but still tried to keep hope and make the most of things. I used her picture as a colour study in painting when I was at Uni. I think she's incredibly beautiful.

I Tag LTWIS, Tiff, Ruth, St Clare, Elemental and Kim.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good one, thanks for the tag. Andy and I were just talking about Frances Farmer today!