Monday, August 10, 2009

Boy trouble

Greg's birthday's coming up in a couple of weeks. And how's this? His parents are giving him their PATROL!!! OMG!! We'll be able to tow the t@banacle around with IT anywhere!! We've been a one car family since I sold my little white Festiva to Izzy's dad, so having an almost new 4WD will be incredible! Not that I'll be the one driving it. I won't be game! I've put too many little scrapes and dings in Greg's Magna since I started driving it! It's over 10 years old and I get into enough trouble over them! Greg's always rousing on me for parking to close to things, it's more like people park too close to me and then I can't get out again without getting caught up on their bull bars! .... There was that wheely bin I wiped out around the corner, the other day, the sidemirror isn't much chop now...

Anakin is in the habit of throwing himself prostrate on the floor whenever he is itchy and demanding "Rub! Rub! Scratch me!!" He doesn't even come and find us, he just lies down on the spot wherever he is when he decides he's itchy. He's a funny little thing. The other night I was putting him to bed when he goes "Mum, can you bite my toenails off so I can eat them?" He's a full little grot at the moment - wants to pee on things and has this obsession with drinking his wee like Bear Grills has to in extreme survival moments. We got sick of him whinging about it and let him. He dry wretched about half a dozen times while we stood around laughing at him. He hides behind the curtains to eat play-doh and lies down on his messes to cover them up and says "Don't look at me!" Of course he's an absolute little angel as well - real brainy and full of personality, most other little kids seem like non-entities in comparison. Also very insistent and high demand! A lot like Izzy when he was little but without the whole "head case" component (which he still has!) and Izzy wasn't the adventurous kind like Anakin either.

I've totally ripped it up Izzy a few times lately. He expects me to treat him like a little bloody prince and never wants to make an effort to contribute when he's here. He loves laying guilt trips on me and tries to make me feel like shit about stuff that's already over and done with or things that haven't even happened yet. He never puts his Dad through the wringer like he does with me and yet I'm the one who's looked after him every day of his life the last 12 years, made sacrifices and invested so much of my emotion into him - and his old man was AWOL for 10 years or so doing absolutely God know what (NOT putting himself in a better position to support his son I know that much, or paying maintenance for that matter). Man, it pisses me right off it's so totally unjustified and mean. I end up screaming at him so the neighbours can hear me, which isn't any better. I have to keep my reactions to him constantly in check coz he just rubs me up the wrong way so much. We can be good company for each other but on a whole I hope things get a whole lot easier with our relationship. Talk about volatile.

No comments: