Sunday, August 23, 2009

Feast of Friends

Oh my God I'm in baby clothes heaven. I was given a TONNE on the weekend and I've just finished thinning them out a bit, clipping up all the hundreds of press studs, washing them and hanging them on the line! Actually I ran out of pegs there's that many! But how adorable are they flapping on the line? So, so cute! I can't stand some colours on my kids, so all the bright oranges and reds and blues get set aside for someone else. I never make use of denim on babies and things with buckles or chunky zips, or anything too dressy, so that all goes in the pass-along pile too. That was one of the more fun jobs I've had for ages!

Me and Greg were kept busy last week getting the place ready for his birthday party on Saturday night. It was excellent. Catching up with our good mates for a weekend of fun was just what we needed. We kept the fire going ALL night. We had a great barbie and beautiful salads for dinner. Greg had prepared about 40L of rum and coke on tap that got finished! And a keg of home brew on tap as well. I rationed myself one corona. That went down good. Hope the little foetus didn't mind too much.

I might of squeezed in an hour or two of sleep before hopping up again to do the breakfast shift. All the fellas had bacon and sausages and eggs on the barbie, but for the girls I made a big fruit salad to eat on pancakes with brown sugar and cream. YUM! Our friends from Cairns brought down their jet ski so after brekky we all headed down the beach. Even the preggy chicks had a turn! That might of been a bit more irresponsible than the beer :/ After others insisted on seeing my big round belly exposed in the sunshine, I've been paying for it today. My clothes on it are hurting, it looks like a shiny red tomato, and I've spent half the day rubbing in after-sun-gel and moisturizer and spritzing it with toner! Crap!

After jet skiing the last of us came home to try and make more of a dent in the left-overs! Once the last carload left we had to admit it was all over rover. Thankfully Greg let me sleep for a few hours, I suppose I'll be repaying the favour when he comes home from work in a few minutes.

The schools annual fund raiser was on Saturday too, so as well as jet skiing Anakin got to slug teachers with wet sponges, ride on ponies, do gymnastics and jumping castles, eat banana splits and ride on the mini fire truck!!

I better be quick, Izzy's just got home, (his greeting was to flick me on the sunburn, grr!) he's coming out to dinner with us tonight. I took him to his subject selection seminar on Wednesday night with his cousin. Looks like he wants to do Info' Tech', YAA - which is like a business studies subject where the kids get to design, create and market a product, liquidate their company at the end and stuff - sounds real good, and some other subject I can't remember the name of but is just fancy for "Metal Work". It was nice to be with Izzy on his own, coz when he's here with Anakin it's all screaming, wrestling and baiting one another. Which is what I'm listening to right now. Gotta go sort it out.

No comments: