Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Easter!

Izzy left for his new home in Cairns. That kid has a very definite version of reality - not necessarily based on any semblance of the truth or steeped in any fact. I'm sure though that the more times he repeats his version of the way things are, the more firmly he'll believe them, he might even create whole new memories - how inventive! Man, I gotta laugh when the other alternative is brokenheartedness.

But anyway, it's Easter Sunday today and he got a lift back here with my brother Nicholas. We had a barbie at Nick's last night (my sister - yes they're both Nicks!) And a big easter egg hunt there this morning. The kids will all have excess chocolate induced diarrhea soon. I managed to get an apple, a grapefruit and a wheatbick inside of Anakin for breakfast this morning and he had a couple of nori rolls for lunch but other than that it's been Lindt bunnies for him! (At least it's good quality chocolate!) I was reading a book at Nicks all about the benifits of cold pressed coconut oil as opposed to all your trans-fatty acid, soy bean alternatives, it made me feel like being healthy for the entire time I was reading it! But as soon as I put it down it was like "where's that caramel tart?". Yesterday I made a batch of scones and we ate half a bottle of Rose Petal Jam! Man that stuff's good Tiff!

I'm still 7 kilos heavier than what I was 2 babies ago, but I don't really care too much. The less Greg looks at me the better!! Except it doesn't work! Poor guy's hard up most of the time and then I go around half undressed with my breastfeeding boobs out and he follows be around with his eyes boggling out of his head...

The Easter Bunny bought Anakin a great big box of Faber Castel colouring pencils and some tools for his playdoh. André got a new rattle (he loves his toys!) and this cool mesh contraption that he can suck fruit through. He's been showing a real interest in food lately and he's tried a little bit of pear and mulberry and this morning he had grated apple through his new sucking device. Izzy got a mini lime green colander to strain his noodles and pasta. That'll come in handy.

Last weekend we took all the kids to Coconuts with my sister's family to celebrate my nephews' birthdays. I love that place. Anakin kept saying "Can't you believe it?? We're finally at Coconuts!!" I had a ball with him running around and chasing one another around the slides of the new waterpark. We stayed for two nights and got a late check-out on the third day so it was a great old time. Greg took Anakin to see "How to Tame Your Dragon" on the Sunday and it was the first time he went to the movies!! He LOVED it! He sat up on his Dad's lap eating popcorn with his eyes glued. I wish I was there with him. But I got to stay back at the resort where Andre had a long sleep and I managed to paint my toenails and sharpen all of Anakin's pencils for him - he was very grateful. He always is the little darlin!

Plus I got to go op-shopping TWICE! I bought this whimsical little MinkPink dress that makes me feel like Carrie Bradshaw. The top section is just like a cream racer-back tank that finishes right under your boobs and attached is a pleated lined viscose skirt that balloons around - apricot with a cream, bird print - so dahling! But maybe not everyones cup of tea. Another find was a classic looking Jacquie E black dress and a sweet white frock I might wear to the "Bridal Couture" engagement party I'm planning for me and Greg. Can't wait to hit the op-shops when we go back up this week! The ladies have been bugging me to take Anakin. They miss him!! And they're interested in seeing the new baby too. The other night I dreamnt about the ultimate utopian op-shop experience - everywhere I looked there was cool garments - cool hats! cool shoes! Too good to be true!

André has been enjoying being passed around the family with Nan and Pa up for Easter. Mind you his eyes follow me around and he just beams big smiles at me whenever our gazes meet, which is pretty much the whole time, because I can't keep my eyes off him either! We got him up to go to the toilet last night and after his two early morning poo-poos he was "coo-ing" and "garr-ing", the SWEETEST talking sounds I've ever heard. He has a BEAUTIFUL, mellifluous voice, just like his great-Nanna. His movement have become very deliberate now. He reaches out to touch my face (or grab a big handful of hair! OUCH!) and can handle all his rattles quiet well. I lay him down over the top of a pillow with all his duplos and play things in front of him and given that his well rested and in a good mood, he can entertain himself on the floor for ages. (Well, ages being 10 minutes or so!) It's a bit scary but he LOVES the telly! He's stayed up 3 Friday nights in a row just to watch the footy ;) (His favourites are the Broncos ;) Neither of my other two even focused on the TV as infants, but this one fully twists around to check out whats on the tube!

Anakin has been a boy of extremes lately. He either thinks that it's been "The best day of his life!" or the "The best day in the whole world!" or it's "Humph! I hate this day!" (Usually when you tell him he's had enough Playstation and to turn it off. And usually on the same day!) He's always saying "I love my family. I love you guys so much." But it's always "I HATE Uncle Christo"!

I'll come back and add pix when Greg gets home with the camera!

4 comments:

0 said...

Oh I am glad you like the jam but its TOTALLY different than the one we got a few years back. The last one was pink and tasted like turkish delight. We were so disappointed Rene emailed Beerenburg to ask if they had changed the recipe LOL...

Charlene said...

Love Mink Pink, what great bargains! I wish we had more op-shops here, but we're sadly lacking, and the stuff in the one's we do have is pretty bland :(
Wow Andre is growing up so fast, what a little cutie! Hope it was a nice Easter, despite Izzy leaving.

Charli xo

Averil said...

Ha ha, totally understand the husband following you around like a hungry mutt.... ;-)

And Rella is the same...loves TV!!! What the??

Great entry!

xx Ave

PS - I want some of that jam!!!!

0 said...

I have a spare jar Averil!!!

The reason why it is the wrong colour and tastes wrong is because they changed from white sugar to raw sugar. Rene emailed them lol... thats why it is dark not pink, and heavy mollases taste not light rose flavour.

More vanilla cream on your scones will fix it!