Sunday, October 12, 2008

He Hearts Horton

Well I've joined a few members of staff in trying to lose 5 kilo's over the term. Besides the trip to the all you can eat buffet last night (where me and Bubby shared a playground with Lisa McCune and her kids) and the fact that Nick visited the patisserie in Townsville and insisted on sharing around all these panniers and cream eclairs when she got back, I'm not doing too badly. I weighed in last Monday at 54.6kg, by Wednesday I snuck in another trip to the electronic scales and had gone up by most of a kilo, by Friday I had my period so I'm not really sure if I will have shifted any weight this week. I might start another blog with my food and exercise journal to keep me honest.

Bubby has fallen in love with the movie "Horton Hears a Who". He's been watching it every day for about 5 days! He goes around muttering "Come on guys, we're all mammals." and "Look at you. Yuk. Look at your face. And I bet you don't look so good with a stapler sticking into your head!" (I wish he hadn't have picked out that bit to repeat! For someone who generally loathes sitting through kids movies I think it's pretty cool myself.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I WISH I weighed 54.6 kilos! In order to get there I think I'd have to cut off a leg.

Kisses said...

But did you notice how short I am? Kylie Minogue would probably tower over me!