Thursday, October 30, 2008

Carry on my wayward sons..

In the car today I was listening to "Dig Lazarus, Dig" (Nick Cave's new album - I'm a fan). Anakin informed me from the back seat - "this guy is really, really shit", (not a fan). What a terror. Sadly everyone else in the family agrees with him.

When I was pushing him around the hills in his stroller this arve, he came out with another realization - "you've got boobies AND muscles". Yep, I'm pretty good.

If he hasn't seen Horton for a day or so he starts acting the story. He runs around chanting "We are here! We are here! We are here!" Then he races over to me with these huge eyes and asks "Where's Joe-Joe" and I have to go along.."He's at the old observatorium. Quick you've got to find him we need every Who in Who-town to be heard in the jungle of Newl!" And he darts off and brings imaginary Joe-Joe back to me in his stroller.. He's always heard singing "Baby I can't fight this feeling anymore.... (on an empty stomach) .."

Man, you wanna see the way my sister pampers Chris. I couldn't be anymore different. Nick takes care of his every hearts desire - lovingly fixing him every meal, massages his feet in front of the telle, groping him and pashing him every other spare second. This, however is a picture of me and Greg:

Greg: This chili sauce is really good! You should learn how to make it.
Me: YOU SHOULD LEARN HOW TO MAKE IT!!!!!
Greg: Well maybe I will.
Me: Good, coz that's the only way your ever gunna eat it..

Last couple of weeks of school have been pretty good. My new Science unit is "Fun with Food", so we've been making fruit skewers in assembly lines, and crunchy cornflake parfaits and cinnamon toast. They've loved it, but now consider it my role to teach them, encourage them, nurture them, keep them safe AND feed them every time I'm bloody there.

Izzy's doing alright. He's been doing sex ed' at school and coming home with stories of how he couldn't get over all the kids who didn't know what a scrotum or an erection was. I heard this week it was periods and masturbation. I'm just glad the Transformers gave me another name for that one, we call it "Sam's Happy Time" around here. He still thinks it's all sick. It's swimming this term which he hates and is not too great at. But I'm proud of him for going and not putting on too much of a turn.

Spent an unprecedented amount at the op-shop last Saturday. In amongst my bounty I scored a retro looking pair of tan pumps, so similar to a pair in the local boutique that I've been eyeing off for ages but for which they wanted $90. They look like the pair Brittany Spears is always getting photographed wearing. I bought a beautiful cornflower blue, cotton Ralph Lauren dress shirt for Greg that is so soft soft soft! He is totally hunky in it and just makes me want to tear it back off again. Oh and a cool floaty long green skirt and a top with a very unusual cut that matches it which is now my new favourite outfit that makes me feel uber cool.

3 comments:

0 said...

Dare I admit it - I VOLUNTARILY entered the opshop yesterday... of course it was to find a 70's outfit for hotchops's school social... but he found a vinyl jacket for $12 and with a can of green hairspray and some stick on studs (like Viv in the Young Ones), he's decided he'll be going as a punk... You will be suitably satisfied to know, I DID buy something - Aristotle's 'The Art of Rhetoric' - then I went home and scrubbed lmao!

JT said...

OMG! I am happy that Izzy is a little grossed out by sex-ed. And I am happy for your clothing scores (and mine! I got a pink Oscar De La Renta Pegnoir set and a vintage-style black onesie lingerie thing (it's a bra, girdle and garters...))

And that you are still writing regularly.

I'm sorry you have been a little "bleh" lately. I hope it gets better soon.

xox
Ms. Bea

Anonymous said...

Ask Greg to wear that shirt while he's making the chili sauce! : )