Monday, October 6, 2008

Holiday Breakdown (A breakdown of our holiday)

Tomorrow spells the end of my school holidays and looking back I accomplished most of what I set out to do: I was really keen on spending some time sewing and I ended up making Bubby a couple of pairs of really cute duddies, cutting the patterns out from a couple of pairs of linen pants of mine that I'd previously dyed. This time I added a little flare with contrasting cuffs and waistband. They turned out cool, considering my fairly limited ability. It was odd too - my sewing machine needle snapped on the very last stitch of the second pair. (Otherwise I would have felt as frustrated and ripped off as I did on Sunday when we got the footy time mixed up and missed half the bloody finals! I was totally ropeable!)

I also redrew the plans of the top floor of my house design. That turned out very enjoyable and I think very successful too - I'm heaps happier with it now. Now comes the super enjoyable task of scrapbooking all my favourite ideas from Better Homes and Gardens, Sanctuary and My Home mags. (I took one of those occupation ideas tests that schoolies do - all my answers reflected a desire to be in the 'creative' industries specifically architecture and interior design. I'd love to be a draftsperson at the moment - specially with school in the morning ;)

I decluttered Izzy's room and packed away a lot of toys for Anakin - making it a lot less of a kids room. And I set up our spare/folding laundry room as a lounge room for Anakin - shifting all his toys out of the actual lounge room. He LOVES it in there.

I did two Cairns missions alone with the kids and managed to order our vanity, bathtub and tiles for our upcoming bathroom reno'.

As well as having multiple school friends over for Iz, running him around a bit, advising him on the sensible way to spend his birthday money etc. Attending all the weekend markets and the Aquatic Festival... it was all very fun.

Mum has been cleaning up all my old home movies for me and burning them onto disk. It has been such a spin-out seeing Izzy at Anakin's age. They are SO alike!! They would have made the best little buddies cruising around together too. At the moment all Izzy can do is annoying things to make Anakin shriek "Mum!! Izzy's STIRIN" ME!!"

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

When does this bathroom renovation take place? That's exciting!

Kisses said...

Hey Jenn!
Start date is not 'til the end of the month but it's been a long time coming! I've got the dinkiest little bathroom.