Monday, October 12, 2009

Should be lesson planning..

Well I suppose the one good thing about limping around on a permanantly cramped calf musle all day is that it takes some of my brain's focus off the excruciating back and hips and pelvis! Geez, now I well and truly identify with the way they portray pregnant women on tele waddling around, easing themselves awkwardly into chairs .... You should see me getting around! I look like a car wreck. I remind myself of Nana swaying to and fro on her little bowed legs. I think I need some magnesium in a big way, I get cramps in my toes, calves, hips and intercostal muscles. I hurriedly reach down to try and ease one cramp in the middle of the night and end up giving myself another one somewhere else! It's bloody ridiculous! Greg's been very generous with his massages, the sweetheart.


I'm going to do two days a week at school for a few weeks so I can finish up about a month early. Greg's parents should be back in the North by then too, I'm sure they'd love to look after me a bit.

Anakin is so keen for his "Little Brother". He's such a sweet boy. He was just waking up yesterday morning and we were all snuggled up in bed. He had his legs draped over my big fat belly and all of a sudden he sat up with this look of absolute wonder on his face. He could feel the baby's hiccups and he was transfixed. Last night he had a real good giggle before bedtime feeling the Bubby's little heel/toes jutting right out and sliding backwards and forwards just under the surface. I wish I had that particular laugh recorded on my phone as a ring tone - that'd be so cool. He's always cuddling my belly and cooing "You are SO beautiful Baby." He gives a nudge when he can't feel any action and says "Wakey, wakey Little Brother."


I had the ladies back for hot date scones, shortbreads and tea yesterday morning. It was much more relaxed with the big kids in school and just the littlies here. The marchies have eased right off now, so we were able to hang around out under the shade of the caravan annex too.

I've modified and redrawn the floor plans for the virtual house on the block a few more times lately. We actually managed to talk through a few issues without arguing last night!

No comments: