Monday, October 19, 2009

What Kisses did.

We took the T@B away on the weekend! I don't suppose you can actually classify it as "camping" when you book into Cairns Coconut Village and there's an abundance of conveniences on hand and Macca's a kilometre up the road for breakfast! The Cook Island and Samoan football team were staying there as well, so there were lots of well defined, smooth, tanned and tattooed bods to admire while lounging around the pool - lucky Anakin had his floaties on with my wandering attention! JOKES!


Actually getting away was so much effort for my poor body. I'd worked Thursday and Friday too (waking up at 3:30 for a wee and not getting back to sleep again is not the greatest way to start a working day). Friday arve after picking up Anakin from Nick's I came home to pack and organise the caravan, after over 2 hours of that my back was totally Fu-barred. I curled up in bed in the faetal position whimpering. It sucks being lame.


I got to go op-shopping Saturday morning and then Izzy (who was in Cairns with his dad) came to hang out with us once we had the camp set up. (Our latest conversations together are like a competition on who can say "corporate sellout" the most in one sentence.) We swam in all the pools and played basketball (well they did) and the boys rode around on their scooters. We ate watermelon and I even had the fine china packed for when Tiff came around for a cuppa.

Saturday night Anakin fell asleep on the way to a friends 30th, themed, "80's Glam Rock". The birthday boy "Hairy-Dan"* had downloaded a huge collection of filmclips from the era - all the stuff we use to play at high school socials, and everyone was dressed up Poison-Whitesnake-Guns-n-Roses style, it was deadly. He lives in a beautiful "boogie nights" style house way on top of a hill with the best views in Cairns. Anakin stayed asleep for a couple of hours but woke up when a drunken, rowdy "Happy Birthday" was sung. We left Greg and his mates to their revelry after that and we took the truck back to the caravan park where I spent the rest of the night half awake waiting for his return (at a very eventual 4am!)

* It's funny. Some of our friends have special names we use so the boys know who we're talking about. We'll be like "Blah blah blah Trent blah blah blah". And they'll go "WHO??" And we'll be "You know. Shaved-down-monkey." And they'll go "OH Yeah." The kids have got new nicknames in the last year of so. Izzy is know as "Squidly" or "Squidy". I rang him when he was suppose to be at the Youth Club one afternoon and he was swimming in the Banyan Creek instead, one of his mates answered the phone with "SQUIDY'S IN THE WATER!!" Now when he's in the shower I creep up to the back louvers and sing out "SQUIDY'S IN THE WATER!" Jack's known to family as "Skinhead" or "Skinned Pig" (very foundly I might add.) And Charlie likes to be know as "Charred Piglet". For reasons unknown. Maybe because we call him Char for short and he is the Skinned Pig's little brother...

One of the pools at the caravan park has a big novelty whale with water squirting from it's spout and a kiddies slide going through the middle. Anakin kept climbing inside and saying "Mum, watch me! I'm in the whales gulp!" Ha ha. He mistakingly says "Gulp" instead of "Gob". Makes more sense anyway... He often makes up his own meanings for words or sayings. Today he was telling me "Do you know what Chop-chop means? It means: Let's fight." I said "No. It means: Hurry up; Get moving." I know he'll stick with his own definition.

We had Izzy home with us for three days last week. He needed time off school and we nursed him back to health (with chopped-up pineapple, watermelon, french-toast and all his favourite dinners) after picking up a cold. (Well, the Swine Flu, according to him. I'm sure if he could think up a worse case scenario he would!) It was Anakin's turn this week and my sister and all her family. I'm amazed I haven't gone down with it - with Anakin's fixation on licking my face and the amount of big-slobby kisses he insists on giving me all the time. I try to tell him Daddy's the only one that's allowed to give me big wet kisses and that he can give his girlfriend toungies when he's old enough to have one. He reckons "You're going to be my girlfriend Mum!" No, but I'll ALWAYS be your Mumma.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.