Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Not so Beautiful Mind

Yesterday morning I dreamt I was at: “The Kenny Everet Drink ‘til ya sh*t Yourself Party”. I have some pretty strange and sometimes sick dreams but the depravity of my subconscious astounded me with that one. I assure you…it did. (I know you’ll never think of me in the same light again.) I’ll spare you the details besides saying that, as usual these days, I was the only one not drinking.

Okay, just pause and try and get over that for a while now… I know it’s hard. Try being me!

The Kenny Everet Video Show is one of those shows I remember, that Greg doesn’t, because he’s such a bay-be! Along with The Greatest American Hero, The Young Ones, Bionic Women, I think he might have been around for the A-Team and Night Rider?? We are a whole generation apart! I’m like Alanis Morrisette “born in nineteen seventy-four”. Bloody good year that!

Well I wish the reason I haven’t been updating as often was because I was too busy on my piano, but the truth is I’ve only managed to figure out how to play the scale of C Major (Shut up!!!), wait for it, with both hands at the same time backwards and forwards. (Is that better?) Next I’ll tackle D major and then I’ll be paying all Nick Cave’s beautiful ballads and Ray Manzarek’s deadly solo’s.

Actually the weather has been so glorious that we have been spending heaps of time out in the yard. In comparison Anakin can’t stand it inside. He explores the whole yard – down to the skate ramp, over to the fruit trees, back up to the tramp, he rifles through the carport, gets pushed around on the mean machine, tries to squeeze the chickens, feeds all his snacks to Snoop…He’s getting a little bit better at leaving his hat on too.

Greg put up a basketball hoop in the shed on Saturday so naturally the place has been crawling with kids. Izzy starts basketball back up this coming weekend – He wants to name his team “And2’s”

I had a phonecall from an old work colleague the other night who is going to apply for a reduced workload next year. She asked if I would like to take her class one day a week! She’s getting on and wants to increase the amount of time she has off each year until she retires – so I like to think that by the time Anakin is old enough for prep I’ll have a full time job to step into. But I spose I shouldn’t really mention my putrid dream and the fact that I could be educating your children all in one entry!

No comments: