Sunday, July 1, 2007

Which Came First?

School holidays mean I don’t get too much time to myself to update my journal, only just enough time to check up on everyone else’s.

I finally got some sun today! Stripped off, rubbed on some coconut oil (the real stuff) and basked…God, how nice! (The glory of a two acre block is that you can find a little spot behind the fruit trees where noone can see you from the road.) With a House and Garden mag’ this time and a cup of yogurt instead of a cuppa tea. Glory be!

My mate from Wongetti Beach rode her Harley down for an overnight visit on Thursday. It was so good to see her and her DS, she’s such good value. We used to be walking buddies back when we both lived at Trinity Beach and the boys went to school together. She’s doing Digital Technologies at Uni these days and gave me a couple of tutorials on Adobe Photoshop – I’m yet to test how much of it actually sunk in – I’m feeling pretty thick these days! I wish she had of been doing Uni when I was – would’ve made life much more interesting – a couple of renegades together!

Everyone who comes to visit gets dragged for a look at the block and she was no exception! And how’s this? There was a For Sale sign on a neighbouring block similar size as ours and they are asking $69, 000 dollars MORE than what I got mine for! Gotta love it!! I’m so proud of myself for scoring the perfect bargain in the perfect spot! Can’t wait to get it slashed and start planting it out with lots of natives and fruit trees. It’s my birthday soon so you can get me a seedling if you like.

I bought the boys three little chickens at the markets this morning. They’re so tiny – I hope they’ll survive these cold nights! They’re rugged up in a patch of sunlight in the kitchen at the moment – they were in a bit of shock after the drive home but they’ve come to life now and had a big feed too. Here’s hoping they survive to adulthood and give us three eggs a day!

Greg has had some gastro complaint and has spent the last few days clutching his guts looking like Hugh Heffner creeping around in his dressing gown. He’s really living up to his pet name “Spook” – he’s as white as a ghost all right! I don’t make much of a nurse either – being so robust myself (shrugging off dengue fever in a day…fending off the flu with a dose of sunshine…squeezing out a 4 kilo baby in three hours… ) I don’t have much patience for sick people – their bloody useless! (God I’m nice!) I’ll have to endeavor to make him feel more looked after, poor soul. After all he always brings me water when I’m thirsting in our bed…

No comments: