Sunday, April 6, 2008

Gunna party like it's your birthday.

The party Friday night was a good laugh (although I have my suspicians my babysitter may have gotten drunk and had an affair while she was minding Anakin). Everyone was dressed up. The birthday girl was at her absolute best looking exactly like Bjork in a multi layered frou-frou and matching blue false eyelashes. And then there was the two girls in puffy taffeta gowns and tiaras, who, had I have pointed out to them, looked tragically like Courtney Love probably wouldn't have hated me any more than they did after I told them I'd single handedly throttle them both if they continued to program B52's and Roxette, but only because considering their music savvy I doubt they would have known who I was comparing them to. We had a yummy feed. And after four or five drinks I was singing power ballads with the best of them. "Wonderboy. What is the secret of your pow-er?" The boys had drums, guitars and amps and mikes set up in the house and because the Birthday Girl had done the courtesy round of the neighbourhood, giving them plenty of warning of the impending rowdiness, there wasn't even a single complaint. On second thoughts maybe it was just because we sounded so good. :P

I put what should have been "Iced Chocolate" into my hair before the party but it came out looking like a black mulberry so I've spent the last couple of days trying to get used to the very dark hair. Every time I look into the mirror I think "I have black hair. But I am NotGoth".

Last night we made a delicious salad (except you have to say it "sellard" like Sponge Bob),Greg's bro cooked up a heap of mudcrabs and we invited over friends and had a huge scrumptious meal followed by Cheesecake Shop cheesecake for dessert. It was the first time I'd seen my gf's daughter (my honourary niece) since she did "Shave for a Cure" and I couldn't get over how gorgeous she looks with her beautiful little skinhead. She has this impossibly beautiful face and it just looks all the more expressive now that she has no hair to distract you from it.

Gotta fly, Bub's awake so it's time to face the fact that the weekend is over, pack up and make our way back home.

3 comments:

R.J. Keller said...

A blog twin! My hubby is a redhead as well...at least he was before he started going grey.

I see you're reading "Isabelle the Navigator." You'll love it. Luke Davies is amazing.

KLA* said...

I love nutella, 1000 count sheets, passionate kissing, and Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds as well. Thanks for popping by.

Anonymous said...

I looked up mud crabs and I bet they are similar to Maryland Blue Crabs in taste. How do you cook them? Steamed? Do you eat the meat with butter? Vingear? See food again!