Thursday, April 10, 2008

A Typical Morning

This morning was fairly typical of most of my others. It began with me worrying about the juicy zit Greg had to close in on to give my face some kisses before he left for work. I actually manage to pry my eyes open to smile at him as he disappears out of the bedroom door. After another half hour or so of dozing Anakin is grinning in my face saying, "Hello. Morning." We replace his bedsocks he lost during the night and then go for a visit to the potty. My kidneys ache a bit from being fed off all night and not enough fluids yesterday.

Anakin gets fed his Vitabrit in front of The Wiggles. He makes me fast forward all the animated bits to get back to the real deals. Izzy gets himself some Vitabrits for breakfast and is roused on for not rinsing up his bowl afterwards and for leaving the cereal box on the bench yet again and gets told if dividing all his spare time between episodes of Naruto on the computer, stints on the X-box, ABC viewing and games on his Nintendo DS, is going to turn him into an R-tard who can't remember to follow the basics of life I'd find a way to turn his attention to more useful things.

I snack on some persimmons in between putting on the washing and colouring in with Anakin.

Then, as has been happening for the last 11 years me and Iz get the urge for the loo at the same time, he gets there first and I whimper and sweat and shout encouragement at him from the hallway, and give him a few descriptive visuals as to what state I'm in while wishing we had a bigger house with two loos. He gets the giggles and then abuses me when I can't help but poke my head in to see what stage he's at.

After getting some relief there, I ring the Chiropractor and reschedule my second appointment. (My babysitter has suspiciously gone back to Cairns.) Anakin and I pull on our gardening boots and head off outside.

We wander down to straighten up the wheelie bin. (Another job Izzy has done a hundred times but still hasn't quite got the hang of.) A tractor comes along to slash the opposite block so that gives us something to look at while Anakin squelches around in the puddles. I check the mail - a reminder from the Queensland Government to have another pap smear, and a bill from Optus for $3.33, when I don't even use them as a provider...very strange. The mower man comes to look after the neighbours yard so that adds some interest as well - machinery everywhere - just what little boys love.

We let out the ducks and chooks, Anakin harangues them and gets blamed for the fact that they haven't started laying any eggs yet. We change their water, feed them the fruit and vege scraps and decide if we fill up the wading pool we might be able to watch Cadbury and Caramello having a swim. So we do, but they don't. Well not yet anyway.

Bubby eats all the mulberries on the tree, then we pick a couple of mandarins to eat and check for ripe pumpkins. Izzy comes out and joins us every so often, when he can prize himself away from an entertainment screen.

Bubby eats his mando's while sitting up on the trampoline and I do some weeding around the front of the house.

After he finishes his mandarin he decides some coconut milk would hit the spot so we head up to the shed to crack one open. I use the machete to open a coconut while Bubby tries to catch March flies to feed the Golden Orb spider. Bub drinks his coconut milk, plays on the ride-on and mozies around the shed while I try to plow through the last of the dogs dreadlocks with a little pair of scissors that aren't really cut out for the job - something I've been trying to finish over the last three days. Mum pulls up to ask if I want anything in town as she's going in now to buy a new galvanised trailer, I say no, me and Izzy are going late night shopping in Innisfail to get the groceries when Greg gets home from work. She advises me I need some shears.

I shampoo the dog three times and berate myself for allowing him to become RCPCA Rescue material. Anakin and Izzy play in the car and in the cubby.

I strip off the pyjamas I've been wearing while doing all of the above. And try to rid myself of that flea bath smell. Anakin advises me it's Titty Time, so I lie down to put him to bed. My milk doesn't even let down so it takes awhile to stealth away from him and out of the room. But I eventually manage. I make myself a pot of green tea and help myself to the last profiterole. I watch the end of an episode of Naruto with Iz. I claim the computer for some Me Time so Izzy rides his BMX up the road to see if his mate's home with flat tyres. I write Pump Connector Hose on the shopping list.

Now I'm tapping out this post, (about 12 hours from when I started it - that me time only lasted a fraction of what I would have liked it to). My wrist is straining from the shock of playing tennis yesterday and I'm wishing there was more profiteroles to eat.

I could give you a blow by blow of the PM but it would get a little Anais Nin-ish towards the end. Might spare you this time ;)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love reading about your days! Especially the food parts (LOL) you are usually eating something I'm craving. Do you have coconuts locally? I would do just about anything for a fresh coconut. I can't recall every trying a mullberry, but I'm sure I would love them. Do they taste like blackberries?

By the way, you are one busy lady!