Sunday, April 20, 2008

Well then, if that's how it is..

Okay so I was hoping to spark some controversial opinions on my last post, at least to have someone tell me to get over myself and stop being such a juvenille about it all, or some relatives filing defamation suites against me. Anyhoo - It's still warping my mind a bit when I think of it - I'm suppose to get one brother-in-law from my sister and one from Greg too, but they're not suppose to be the same guy!

Watched the Wicker Man last night, it wouldn't have been so bad if you couldn't see the ending coming from a mile away! Nicholas Cage seems to put this comical element into everything, he's funny. I reckon he just took the part so he could work alongside a bunch of ladies for a few months.

I've discovered a massive molar right in the back of Anakin's mouth. I was wondering why he had become a little cantankerous and whingey of late. He did a random spew and had a runny poo and I still didn't catch on. Poor little man.

Izzy is starting to become affected by hormonal changes with a few little break-outs on his skin. He reckons there's only two ways to go through adolescence - to become an "achied-up Greasy" (a larger built boy that suffers from exessive grease and pimples) or a "Beep-diddily-dee-dum-Potatoes" (ya have to say that one in a squeeky Irish accent, and that one means you get to be a wee little pale weakling with baby smooth skin. He personally prefers the first option and rejects my hygeine advice and offerings of skin care products.

Speaking of skin care - I've just gone for a consultation for IPL permanent hair reduction. I tell you I was already tired of being a hairy little baboon about 15 years ago! And if Greg gets to dip into our home equity for a new boat, I'm doing something for myself too!!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Call up my mother -I am sure she will be happy to oblige luv...

Jenn said...

I've tried the IPL on my underarms. Actual procedure was a non-event... but didn't look any different. I started moaning about ridiculous waste of time procedures - and then 2 weeks later all the hair fell out.

Lasted only about 2 months though. Apparently my body takes hair removal as a challenge.

Anonymous said...

Kisses! Guess what? If I understand you correctly, I think I can relate. Back in the mid to late sixties, my dad's sister married my mom's brother. So my two cousins look more like my brothers because we all have the same exact genetic make up - from a layperson's point of view, anyway. . . . . yes, we're all cheated out of in-laws ... but guess what? We're also SPARED in-laws. xoxx R

R.J. Keller said...

I suppose you're right. A family tree is supposed to branch; not twine around itself.

Sorry about the teething. Molars suck. Big time.

Anonymous said...

AMEN RUTH! Although if my sister even thought about marrying my brother I'd kill her!

Clare said...

i tagged you..
http://notgoth.wordpress.com/2008/04/28/food-quiz/