Saturday, September 6, 2008

NooooOOOO!

Well Greg's gone off to some Marlins Basketball reunion thingy and won't be back 'til tomorrow arve, I gave him grief before he left and in my defence told him I had underlying abandonment issues. His retort was that they weren't exactly UNDERLYING - that they were pretty much right there at the SURFACE! Fair enough - I think I'm turning into one of my bratty Grade Three-ers, instead of my obvious maturity and zen-likeness (I wish) rubbing off onto them.

I've got this one troublemaker who the other kids are always dobbing in for various reasons, whether it be hiding things that don't belong to him in his desk, being rough, calling names, saying inappropriate things in the toilet, rubbing his skin condition onto other people.. he always acts completely offended with this horrified look on his face and then he goes "NooooOOOOO!" I've started doing it too (not the other things just the "NoooooOOOOO!" - it's like a knee-jerk response.)

I've learnt to use Anakins enjoyment of role-playing to my advantage. "Baby Kira" is a breeze to take to the shops, not like Anakin himself. He asks to be put in the baby capsule trolley and then he just lies there all limp an agog. It's awesome. When he's being all squirmy and I'm trying to get his nappy on I just suggest he be a dead wallaby and he lies there all limp and staring into space again! He saw a wallaby getting hit by a car out the front of our place a while ago, Greg had to drag it off the road and ring the council to collect it (what a job), there's always dead wallabies on the side of the road around here so it's not that I'm sick or anything - it's one of the things he likes to pretend being a wallaby that's "deadybones" and needs to be dragged off into the bush. I'm just glad he takes it so well, when Izzy found out about death and dying he almost needed a child psychiatrist.

Izzy's set up camp outside - he's got a mattress inside the tent and the big camping mat spread out in a prime spot with all his necessities, he's been bathing in the wheelbarrow, doing some gardening and getting all in tune with nature. He was suppose to sleep out there tonight but he's doing the complete opposite - he's in his Mum's bed with Anakin! He's squeezing in with us tonight.

I'm sending out the vibe to the universe to make a choice campervan come my way. So far today I had a Toyota Hiace Hightop park in front of me with a for sale sign on it - I chatted with the owners. Latter I rang up a guy who had a Nissan Family Campervan advertised for real cheap in an old Exchange just coz I was bored and waiting for Anakin to finish on the potty (he spends like 20 minutes there 3 times a day reading books, pretending he's canooing etc. He LOVES it!) Anyway this guy had sold it but had a Toyota Coaster for sale, I told him it wasn't suitable for us as it only had 2 seatbelts and there's 4 of us and I'm not really interested in anything with a shower and toilet because I reckon it takes up too much room, I just like the real simple uncluttered layout blah blah blah, anyway he asked if I was in any hurry and I said no, I'd been looking on and off for like a couple of years. So he's got this mate who's going to be selling his in a month or two - 4 seats etc, sounds like what I want and he's going to give me a call as soon as it becomes available. Something to look forward to. Sounds like he's going to have a reasonable price on it too, some people try to ask SO MUCH for Coasters, it's an '84 model so I just hope it's already got a reconditioned motor.

3 comments:

Gat cabut said...

www.avomitaenlaseskinas.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

It sounds like the vibe you sent out may have paid off for you!

@workingwomenaus said...

Hellooooooooo? You out there and doing well?