Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Addressing the slackness

Averaging 3 posts a month lately - totally slack alright. I'm sure a time will come when I just end up cutting and pasting my much more frequent status updates from Facebook to fulfil my need to communicate with the world and keep my blog alive.

Wow I can't believe the ticker is down to twenty-something days oh-my! I finally got myself back to anti-natal this morning after 16 weeks of non-attendance. I saw two midwives at once and they were surprisingly thorough. The first thing one of them told me was "We have to give you a needle today". I replied "No. I don't do that." She went from asking me "Are you joking?" and looking at me like I was a complete lunatic, to telling me it was completely my choice once I explained that (correct me if I'm wrong) I didn't see any reason behind giving routine Anti D injections when it's effectiveness for mopping up antigens is within a 72 hour window of an actual bleed, which I hadn't had.

I did a depression screen test. I think I scored 4 out of a total, maybe, 100 possible points. I had to give myself a couple of points for "irrational fear" - I couldn't stop thinking about this young girl who died in a car accident about 6 months ago - she was on her way to anti natal and only had a few weeks before she was due with her first baby. Greg works with her boyfriend. Today I had to drive past the same intersection her and her baby were killed, in bad driving weather, as many weeks pregnant as she was. I was obsessing about which car to take, and praying all morning I got home safely to my kids. Anakin just loves his Mummy so much at the moment, I don't know what he'd do without me. But anyway here I am, all good.

One of the midwives had a feel around and Little Boy's head isn't engaged yet. (In fact he's riding up high under my rib cage, I think they're going to be permanently bent out of shape!) She estimates him to be about 5 and a half pound atm. And predicts him to be somewhere between 7 and 8 pound at full term. We'll see. I reckon he'll be 8 plus the rest!

I'm taking the plunge and towing the caravan with the two boys to Coconuts on my own this weekend! The thing is I've had no practice at reversing the van and suspect I'm gunna totally suck at it no matter how much practice I get anyway! I'm going to have to think ahead at all times and make sure not to park anywhere tricky along the way. Luckily it's such a light little van that when we do actually make it to our camping spot we'll be able to unhook it and pull it into position manually. It'll be a bit of a test for me, but it'll give me more confidence to do it more often. Probably rain on us all weekend, but who cares?! I love the rain. We'll just stay in our togs!

We are really looking forward to Anakin's Playgroup breakup at the swimming pool at the end of the month. I bought him some Christmas coloured boardies to wear today and a plain red T-shirt that we are going to decorate tomorrow at Playgroup. He is SO excited about getting a new book from Santa, who'll be coming along on the firetruck. I told him how Santa called me on his kitchen phone and asked me what sort of book he'd like so Mummy knows he's going to love it!! (A pop-out book chock FULL of dragons!)

Gotta go, Bub's woken up.

3 comments:

0 said...

LOL of COURSE bubby is not engaged! In multips bubbies usually dont engage until the early labour when he'll settle into the position he wants to be in - sounds like he hasnt turned tho, so plenty of swimming and cat stretches (with your bum in the air)...

Text me when you are up for visitors when you get up here... enjo stuff should be here later this week I reckon!

Barharharhar anti-D... wait till you see their heads explode when you tell them A's not being vaccinated ROFLMAO!!!! xoxox

PS - about bloody time you blogged, I've been checking three times a day!

Averil said...

Kisses, I reckon I've had more than your fair share of anti-D shots chickie, so don't feel bad you're not taking them up on the offer... hehheheh ;)

I can't wait to hear what you call this gorgeous little guy!!!

xx Ave

Anonymous said...

I am reading this article second time today, you have to be more careful with content leakers. If I will fount it again I will send you a link