Tuesday, June 19, 2007

11 Months Today!

Today marks 11 months since Anakin’s brilliant entrance into the world. Last night while I was putting him to bed his Daddy came to thank me for giving him such a beautiful, healthy baby, that he couldn’t have wished for anything more. I agreed I did a pretty good job on him.

Anakin has developed a serious screeching habit lately. He does it at the top of his lungs and it nearly splits my eardrums! Little menace!

He’s learnt how to nod for yes too. It’s so cute to see him nodding enthusiastically when we ask him “Do you want to go see Auntie Nick?” Nod nod nod! “Do you need to go to the potty” Nod nod nod nod…

As well as all of his poos going in the potty we have been having lots of dry nights too. He has gotten into the habit of whacking his Daddy until he wakes up and takes him to the pot for wees. What a smart baby!

He’s been devouring heaps of Mungulli yogurt lately. He loves it – the whole time he’s being fed he goes “Mmm, mmmm, MMMmmm, mmMM!” And we’re both addicted to persimmons at the moment too. YUM!

When I’m holding Bubby on my hip he often bends right around to look up into my face. I love that! He’s still thinks his own farties are hilarious only now he makes a fart noise straight after a real one and then has a good chuckle about it.

Getting dressed annoys him so much that he has become really good at it as he wants it over and done with as fast as possible. He rams his arms right up through the sleeves all by himself!He’s going to be one next month – is it really true?

For Izzi’s first birthday we had a huge Barbie right here at this very same place. I’m going to have to start putting some thought into Anakin’s birthday celebration!

Good news! The solicitors called yesterday – the contract has been signed for the price we offered and we have a cooling off period (not necessary!!) and a loose settlement date of the 12th of July! Yeehar! I’m going in to hand in the deposit as soon as Bub wakes up from his sleep. I’ve got my dream block right near my favourite creek – just like I said I would! Thank you Universe!!! (That sounds a bit hippy..)

I had a very happy and relaxed client yesterday evening – she insisted on paying me extra and said I had a “warm intuition”. (I swear I’m not a hippy..!)

I’ve been having Nip/Tuck marathons every night after the kids go to sleep. Know wonder I’m skeptical about the existence of ever lasting healthy relationships!

No comments: