Monday, June 4, 2007

The Secret

Oh gross I just got a little hard lump in my piece of Brumbies Date Loaf that has seriously excited my gag reflex. I can’t handle that. One little bit of egg shell or anything irregular in the texture of my food and it’s all over for me.

As a kid I was worse – I couldn’t stomach lumpy stuff like porridge and powdered milk. Nick would chase me around with spoonfuls trying to cram it into my mouth to make me sick. Yuck.

I went for a shopping expedition to Cairns with my neighbour on Friday and it was very productive. I think we heard a condensed version of each others life stories on the drive so that was fun too. Bubby behaved himself in the car and instead of a stroller I decked out a trolley with fluffy throw rugs, a lambs wool and pillow so he could move around a bit more and stand up if he wanted – that worked pretty well considering his aversion to shopping. I was stoked when Julie was interested in visiting my favourite op-shop where we scored some gorgeous little numbers. (Well I told her she wasn’t allowed to leave until she bought some stuff!) After raiding Best-n-Less and Target for the kids winter gear we stopped and had a huge kebab for lunch then moved on to the next shopping centre where Julie bought a whole consignment of lunchboxes and a pair of black acid-wash-lookin’ skinny jeans for which I called her a “f**kin’ Bogan” (I knew her well enough by then to know she’d take a joke). Anyway it was all very good fun.

Greg needed to get fitted for a suit on the weekend so he went up to Cairns Friday night too, our paths must have crossed on the road somewhere but us girls were too busy revealing juicy details about ourselves to notice. He caught up with a mate who has been on a Contiki tour in Europe for the last 6 weeks and had an all-nighter with him. Never-the-less he achieved everything he set out to do and arrived home to me on Saturday evening but you’d be excused for thinking we’d been separated for an eternity!

I bought myself a photo frame and have displayed all the little bits and pieces that remind me how lucky I am to have come across our block – the advertisement, the plan marking out the lot and the map of the street etc. Greg watched “The Secret” last night and thinks I have used the techniques they recommend. I dunno – I’ll have to watch it.

Anakin has regained his former glory since being knocked around by that temperature a couple of weeks ago. He has really been working on his language development. He says things that sound like “Hello Mum, Hello Dad, How ya doin’? How ya been? How rude!” He says “Izzy” and “bird” and “pretty” and sometimes I think he’s been taking lessons of Mark Holden with all that “Goonie goo-goo” talk.

At certain times of the day he goes psychopathic and just wants to barge his fingers up your nose or scratch it right off your face, or bite your fingers off or your cheeks or tear off your boob or a clump of chest hair (depending on which one you’ve got). He’s nuts!

He loves standing up at the steering wheel of the cars too. It’s one of his favourite things lately. He’s an adorable little munchkin – bit like his Big Bruss.

I’ve got another client booked in this arve. I’m a bit more prepared with relaxation music this time, I followed your lead Vanilla and ordered Music for Dreaming – works a charm on Bubby. Before then I was using something Mum gave me – sounded like bad elevator music.

No comments: