Thursday, May 1, 2008

Back again

I've just hung up on the third telecommunications salesperson that has phoned me in about as many days. The one whose phone call woke-up Anakin when I was enjoying a-cup-of-tea-and-a-nice-sit-down during his midday sleep fully copped a big mouth of flack, I can tell you. Except I don't know why I'm so loyal to my current service provider, they've just experienced severe router dysfunction which left us without the internet for over a week. (YEEGARDS!) Not to mention the 200 dollars worth of international phonecalls I've been charged for and didn't make! I've caught up on blogs at families places here and there so what I've been meaning to say to everyone is: "That was a great book, thanks for the recommendation", "Well wishes for your Dad", "Congratulation on the potty training", "Me and Greg are so far sucked-into Ramsey's Kitchen Nightmares it's not funny, we love him too. And I'll try get onto that meme soon." "People search all their lives for a love like yours, so quiet down and lap it up." I've forgotten what else.

Had a really great day with my class yesterday. I barely had to do any growling at all! (That is saying something!) We're doing magnets for science for the next few weeks and they're loving it! Tomorrow we're having a professional development day at the highschool - I like those, it's reminiscent of going to uni' lectures but getting paid good money for it.

Anakin is awesome as usual. (Ask anyone.) He's a little skinny-minny, no baby fat to be seen, just a little ball of muscle. He's not even two and has defined calf muscles and rock hard abs. He's saying words like "delicious" and "disgusting" now. He even uses jokes in context - He was showing me his food and saying "Yummy Pizza!" I said "Oh. Really?" And he goes "No. O'Reily". (It's a Wiggles joke.) He thinks Captain Feathersword is a crack-up and goes around chuckling about the Wobbly-Wobbly Dance.

We had a steady procession of fellas come over yesterday arve to check out Greg's new boat and drink his home brew. Anakin was picking up my hand and using my finger to point at the ones he didn't know (so I'm the rude one) and going "Who's that?" Soon as he found out their names he'd be like "Hey Glen. Hey Glen. Glen's home." He's funny and cute. His latest saying is "Gladiators! Are You Ready!?"

Issy is so reluctant to go to school on Thursdays. I've been having to chauffeur drive him and bribe him with fresh chocolate croissants and warm bacon and cheese buns from the shop to stop him from making it into such a big drama. Anyway gotta jump Bub's awake now. Be back soon.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'll let you slide on the meme!