Thursday, June 12, 2008

Another one bites the dust

I had to get a wisdom tooth pulled out yesterday arve. Feels like I've been punched in the face. While I was waiting for the anesthesia to kick in I got a tutorial on the physiological development of the jaws and teeth and palate (Me - "a bit like tectonic plates." Him - "Exactly like tectonic plates!"). And the essential differences between the teeth of herbivores, omnivores and carnivores (Him - "their teeth aren't built for grinding, but cutting and slashing and ripping." Me - "that crazy monkey I saw looked like it could rip into some jugulars." We were quite amusing each other as the dental assistant tried to decide who was the looniest.

Greg's inappropriateness is always getting me in trouble with my girlfriends. His recent faux pas have included:
1. Unintentionally disclosing the existence of homosexuals and trans genders in front of a young girl whose family has lots of skeletons in the closet.
2. Offering cigarettes to a nicotine addicted family man on about his fifth day of trying to improve his quality of life by quitting. Even though Greg doesn't smoke but I'm sure he'd pull the shed apart to find some if it meant slightly corrupting someone.
3. Accidentally sending base material via bluetooth to a man whose marriage was in trouble even before his wife discovered "Big Squirt" on his phone.

Yep, he's a rare jewel my Greg. Fits right in with all the Tradies at work.

He's been featured in the sports highlights every week for ages as the top scorer for the Silver Team. Last week he even made it in the headline: "Martin's Dunks Please Spectators." Hee hee hee. We thought that was pretty deadly.

1 comment:

Jenn said...

hehehe I've had the same conversation with him re the tectonic plates