Monday, June 23, 2008

Dear Me

So I was about to blog how I've come 'round to seeing my sister and Greg's brother as a great couple, they're can't keep their hands off one another (for someone who loves public displays of affection, it's almost nauseating even for me) and they're obviously crazy about each other. So despite the initial shock and even though they're hurtling in trying to make babies and everything, I've been happy for them for the most part.

But you know down there (insert downwards facing arrow) when I mentioned Greg and I having a deep and meaningful (do people still say that?) in the middle of town the other night. Well he was telling me how he's been confiding in a couple of mates how he wants to propose to me, take me to Tamarna Island camping and make it all beautiful and special coz the lamest thing he ever heard was his mate who asked his girlfriend to marry him in his truck in the middle of the KMart carpark, and how he wants to work overtime during the season to buy me a ring and how he thought it would be even more special if we organized it together. And I was laughing and telling him "Way to let me in on my special surprise Greg, so you not proposing you're just asking me to help you organise your proposal?" And he was like, point taken and clasped both my hands together and addressed me by my entire name.. And then I interrupted him and pointed out that we were sitting in our car, in a carpark.. And we both laughed it off and swaggered back into the night to join the party.

But since I've been feeling kinda excited for myself, I mean we've been together for 8 years, it's been a while coming - the big slow-witted fool. Greg reckons he knows someone at work who sets stones and we've been discussing rings etc. The thought of sharing his and Anakin's name has been giving me a nice little warm glow.

Next thing I know, CHRIS asked NICK to marry him on Sunday!!! At the block of land they just bought down the road from ours (while Greg's at work doing overtime), not even 3 months into their relationship and they're engaged!! Me, Mum and Greg met them out at their land to check it out afterwards. Chris told Greg (who filled me in as soon as he got a chance), Nick told Mum (who also filled me in as soon as she got the chance) and I got left out of the loop, obviously she felt a bit awkward telling me. She told me today when I saw her at a girlfriends place, I was like "Yeah, I've been waiting for you to ring and tell me" And she was "Oh I thought Greg would've told you." (We're obviously so special to each other.) I couldn't congratulate her. I just said "Are you trying to break some kind of a record or something?" If I get invited to the wedding after that comment I'll be crying big fat tears, not for her joy either, for my own FUCKING SADNESS!!!!

I feel like me and Greg can't go ahead with our plans or it'll just look super-corny. As if two sisters seeing two brothers isn't corny enough on it's own without sychronised engagements! Mum mentioned double weddings and I let rip my foul mouth. I think she got the picture.

5 comments:

0 said...

Aww sweetie... you have my total sympathy - as the ex-GF.. I think ewwwwwww! (Albiet now happily married ex-GF lol). Thank goodness I have till Saturday before I have to see them, and can formulate an appropriate response to the news... rather than "what the fuck are you crazy?!"... (insert rolling eyeball icon here!)

0 said...

PS - does that mean the news is out now and I can finally tell?????

Clare said...

Ooo this is a tough one. I am sorry.

Belle said...

I'm sure I'm not the only one who's thought of you two as married for a long time now - even if you didn't have a ring on your finger.
You've been my sister for years...

Anonymous said...

A carpark proposal would have been a story to tell your grandkids one day. Too bad someone already used it. He'll think of something on his own and it will be perfect for the two of you.

NO DOUBLE WEDDING!