Monday, June 16, 2008

Croak

Managed a night out in town with my man over the weekend (although Greg got about a five hour head start on me). Our mate is moving down the Gold Coast to take up his new position as the head of housekeeping at the Versace Motel - it was his farewell party. We had a few quiet drinks at the Tradewinds' Ebar. Then the party moved on to a couples' nearby unit, where everyone went to, as I heard "get sauced up". I almost bailed out at this point because my interest in hanging around while party people get "sauced" is little to none. Anyway once there I was mixed a particularly strong tequila that went down well as I wondered when exactly someone was going to OD in front of my eyes and need 000. Some young fella Gareth, was crushing on me badly, which wasn't so much flattering as it was totally awkward and weird. He's probably googling me right now. Anyway it was all "Happy Days, Happy Days" then we left for the clubs. Me and Greg stopped for a D&M on the way, where Greg got all gushy and romantic on me and told me of his intentions for me, and we ended up losing everybody but by that stage I'd finished my third very strong drink and we made some new friends on the street ("what's the word on the street?") We took Otto and Bevan up to the Rhino Bar which was crankin and shouted each other Vodka and Red Bulls. All of a sudden I turned around to see my brother standing behind me! I gave him a big hug and it took him a good 5 or 10 seconds for the recognition to show on his face! I was obviously the last person he expected to see. He introduced us to his friend Mark and mentioned they'd just finished drinking in the gay bar downstairs. I'm sure he was just gathering some good stories to tell his best mate H, who is gay, but I dunno, him and his friend made a devastatingly good looking pair ;)

Anyway by that stage we realized we'd missed a couple phonecalls from Nick n Chris (the babysitters) and we raced off home, back to do the Mum and Dad thing. Once we had Bubby back to bed Greg started receiving messages from the Farewell Boy who had been locked out of the clubs, he was on his way over and they spend the rest of the night talking about old times, back when they played Monkey Magic. Coz, I mean who didn't?

It was a shortlived and fun time for me. Greg is a fun date. But I lost my voice while I was out and it hasn't come back yet.

2 comments:

Clare said...

get well soon!

Anonymous said...

I knew it ! You have been writing about me! Tiffany was asking me questions, so I knew something was up.

It feels creepy to read the blog of someone I know.. like stalking or something.

In other news, you're kind of humorous. Maybe you should write a book like another of my siblings..