Monday, July 28, 2008

Showtime


Yum! I made the yummiest roast vegies last night - took them out at the last minute for a sprinkle of roast vege seasoning, soy sauce and Parmesan cheese - mmmm. Not to mention the steamed potato's I mixed with olive oil, feta cheese, semi dried tomatoes, parsley and Celtic sea salt, and the yummy corn cobs from Rusties and the marinated, crispy, fatty, tasty roast chicken pieces. I just ate some left overs, mmmmm, that was after two pieces of finnan bread with avocado and tomato.... Can't see myself shifting any weight any time soon eating like this!

Cool. Grand Designs is on. I love this show.

Amazingly the weather stayed beautiful for the show on Friday. We met Mum there so checked out the pavilion and all the school displays first. Bub was big enough for the little kids' rides this year. I made myself sick going on the teacups with him (I'm bad with motion sickness and the carnie lady was spinning us around heaps in these tight little circles. Blurgh!).
And he was happy as Larry sitting in the engine of the little blue train.
He won a ball-gun scooping up ducks with Greg.
Izzy wasn't in the mood for rides (his two cousins were dressed like emo's with heavy eye makeup and painted-on teadrops so he was doing his best to disassociate himself from them and just stayed hanging-out with us) so that saved me a bit of money. We stopped for dinner under the pavilion and ate good chicken curry and drank tea courtesy of the Girl Guides or Rotary or some organisation I'm grateful to for supplying us with real plates and cups and cutlery.
Then backed dinner up with some good carnie food - waffles and mock-cream. We rode the Ferris wheel, checked out all the chookies,
watched the fire works, and it was hard to do all this without stopping every 5 meters to talk to people!

With a block of chocolate fudge and some honeycomb in easy reach on the dashboard we made the drive to Cairns after the show. Greg's parents where up over the weekend so we caught up with them at the family home. But Greg's ulterior motive for the trip was to buy an LCD flat screen - Sony was giving away 35,000 Playstation 3's and we registered our purchase when they were down to like 6! (Thousand - phew!) He makes these grossly expensive purchases and I'm just happy picking up a few bargains at the op-shop. Which I did, of course. Got to visit the park without throwing up in it. And have a cuppa and a Ferraro rocher at my gf's brand new place. All these small things make me happy.

3 comments:

Tessa said...

Hmmmmm, those roast veggies, the potatoes with feta ....deeeelicious. More please!

Jenn said...

How big have they got all of a sudden?? Can't believe Anakin is only a few weeks older than the Monkey!

You've been tagged :p

Anonymous said...

Ok, now I'm really hungry.