Thursday, July 31, 2008

Ridin'

Greg's been using describing words like "scintillating" when referring to me lately.(Talk about brag!) I didn't realise he knew irregular words like that ;P We came excruciatingly close to being sprung by Mum the other night! She always appears at the front door late at night after her dancing, seemingly out-of-nowhere. Fancy your climax being met with the recognition that your mother-in-law is spit seconds away from joining you in the room! We didn't get away with it completely, she was straight up "Did I catch you with your pants down?" Poor Greg was hilarious bouncing his way to the laundry with his pants caught up around his ankles. I was trying to have a serious conversation with her about school-related stuff and kept having to bury my head into the throw rug and laugh at the thought of him, and my embarrassment and the fact that it could have been so, so much worse.

He keeps bringing up another baby. I don't know if I've got enough patience for three! I'm not real good with chaos - I need my peaceful alone time desperately or I feel like I'm doing my head in. Although friends have got this most mellowed out, adorable little cup-cake-of-a-girl, I could handle on of those!

I just went for a pushbike ride with Mum. 46 k's this time! The last bit was gruelling coz I'd stopped at the servo and with the dicky valve I've got in the back tyre I didn't realise I over-inflated it and had to ride half the way home with a hugely warped, misshapen tyre knocking into the bike frame. We went all the back roads the 23k's to my block, where we stopped for a drink of water and a wander 'round. Mum reckons I can probably stop paying for slashing and start hitting it with the ride-on now. (I always consult her for all things yard and lawn related.) Then we rode about another half hour into town for lunch at the coffee-shop. Then about an hour home! I've got a sore bum don't worry.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thankfully I've never had a close call like that. Whew!