Saturday, August 2, 2008

Randoms

I have been tagged by Elemental at "Follow the Gleam" (see my bloglist) to list 7 random things about myself. The rules are that you:
List the 7 random things.
List the set of rules.
Link to the person that nominated you.
Also let that person know when you have written your 7 Random things list.
Tag 7 other people to play.
And leave comments at those 7 people blogs to say that you have tagged them.

I can't do quite a few of those things right now coz every time I try to visit peoples blogs at the moment my computer gives me drastic messages. But here's what I can do:

Seven Random Things About Me
1. I buy Lego for the kids, but it's really for me.
2. At an all-you-can-eat-buffet I start eating from my plate before I even make it back to the table.
3. If I'm buying undergarments that come in twos, I take them off the hangers and swap the colours round to suit myself.
4. I love drinking a whole glassful of passionfruit.
5. People often associate me with the smell of patchouli oil, but these days I only ever wear Lolita Lempika.
6. I can be pretty indecisive - I always ask cafe and bar staff to recommend something.
7. Back in the late 80's I overkilled The Doors so bad. Nowadays I'm guilty of thinking anyone with a Jim Morrison shirt on is majorly lame.

Hey that gives me a question: Do you still have shirts of your favourite bands/singers etc? (Not-Goth I know you have some of those grunge T-shirts somewhere in the closet) At the moment I have a shirt with Johnny Cash giving the finger and a Countdown T-shirt. I really wanted the AC/DC one "For Those About To Rock" but mainly coz it looked so soft and comfy, but $29 seems like a rip-off when you're an op-shopper.

I tag the adventurous Jenn (Learning to Walk in Stilettos), the infamous RJ Keller (Ingenious Title to Appear Here Later), the inspirational Ruth (Mary and Bob's Journal) the tenderhearted Not Goth - now that you've got those center pieces sorted, the miracle making Kim (City Chick Living in the Sticks), the passionate Mel (The Things I'd Tell You) the one and only Vanilla (Once Upon a Dream), the peace seeking Shel (Wanna Be Hippy). The roaming Whiney, the Transplanted and anyone else please - I know I can't count but I don't know who comes here much so I figure the more people I tag the more chance 7 of you might respond!

3 comments:

0 said...

Well... you'll have to kill me cos I remember the shrine you had to Jim Morrison with the incense burning... lol

I have a Cure t-shirt... and I HAD a Jim Morrison tee (but gave it to Ivory)... I have a Jim poster and a Jeff Buckley poster (in the back of a cupboard somewhere)...

Shit... with all that residual Jim around the place - does that mean I am lame too??? lol

R.J. Keller said...

Sweet! I'll do this in the morning, after I've had a little sleep.

BTW, I can relate to everything on your list, except for number 5 (patchouli bothers my asthma).

R.J. Keller said...

Oh...forgot. I still have a Bruce Springsteen concert t-shirt from his Born in the USA tour. February 1985. It's super ratty-looking, but I still wear it as a nightshirt. Whoo-hoo!