Friday, March 27, 2009

Parlour Guitar

I went into the local music store ages ago and was immediately drawn to this little limited edition replica parlour guitar brought out by Washburn to celebrate 125 years of manufacturing. Except it cost HEAPS. Every opportunity I'd peer at it through the closed shop front window or go in to admire it up close but I'd kinda categorised it as "in my dreams". That was until the lady had a closing down sale and made it 30% off! I did some research on it and thought: Your mad if you don't! I flew into town after work yesterday and bought it for myself!!! Then I took it directly to Dad, who's played a Washburn forever, so I would be reassured by the really cool things he'd say about it. Which he did!! He made it sound beautiful and loves it as much as I do! Check it out! The case is almost as deadly as the actual guitar!!


The picture doesn't do much justice. It's made of trembesi, mahogany and rosewood and has abolone rosette inlay, an ebony fretboard and a really cool v-shaped neck. I love it SO MUCH! It's nice to buy something your so rapt in it makes you feel giddy! I can't wait to sit in the doorway of my oldschool teardrop van strumming on my replica 1800's parlour guitar!

Oh my girlfriend Kyra had a baby boy this morning! I was just talking to her last night and she was telling me she was booked in for a caesar on Monday, cept she went into labour after that and had to go into surgery this morning. Little Seth was born!! I was telling her she might have to hang onto all the bundles of baby clothes and paraphernalia I recently passed on to her, but I did a preggy test this morning (only 10 days past ovulation mind you) and it was negative. Which kind of made me feel a bit relieved in a way... We've had a shit few weeks health wise - me with headaches and friggin dental pain and Greg has had a barking cough so not the ideal conditions to conceive, plus I think I'm losing my nerve already.. I'm really good at adapting and making the best of a situation but the whole actuality of planning something as momentous as a new baby actually FREAKS the shit out of me! I'm probably bloody too old anyway.. Meanwhile I've been peeing about twice as frequently as usual, I spent one day feeling totally wiped-out for no apparent reason and have begun getting period-like pain when it's not due until Tuesday, so I'm not ruling it out all together just yet.

Our mulberry tree is fruiting again with a HUGE crop. Anakin pretends he's a horse and I feed him these great heaps at once with my hand out flat for him to nuzzle-up. I love feeding him good home grown stuff from the yard, makes me feel less guilty for the noodles he eats for dinner two night in a row..

I had this beautiful dream about the guy I spent most of my teenage years with last night. We were in a swimming pool at night talking most sincerely about our past and cradling one another close. It was heart-wrenchingly tender. A friend had given us a pile of jewelery that had once belonged to us and we were sorting through it all, recalling the occasions each piece had been exchanged. It was a nice dream for me to have because I've got issues with this lad - he spent so many years of his life with me and yet has never been able to foster our relationship since on a platonic level. He always needed the motivation of the possibility of getting me in the sack to bother himself. Anyway I've been listening to Chris Cornell's cover of Led Zeppelin's "Thank You" - he use to play it at gigs and always dedicate it to me,

If the sun refused to shine, I would still be loving you.

When mountains crumble to the sea, there will still be you and me.

Kind woman, I give you my all, Kind woman, nothing more.

Little drops of rain whisper of the pain, tears of loves lost in the days gone by.

My love is strong, with you there is no wrong,together we shall go until we die. My, my, my.

An inspiration is what you are to me, inspiration, look... see.

And so today, my world it smiles, your hand in mine, we walk the miles,

Thanks to you it will be done, for you to me are the only one.

Happiness, no more be sad, happiness....I'm glad.

If the sun refused to shine, I would still be loving you.

When mountains crumble to the sea, there will still be you and me


no wonder I've got hang-ups!

1 comment:

Kirsten said...

Ok, I know absolutely nothing about guitars - but that one looks very, very cool.

Sounds like you have a few pregnancy symptoms there!! Wait a few days and you might get a lovely surprise!