Saturday, November 24, 2007

Block House



I've been spending the last few days on a house design for the block. It was really fun and now that I'm finished I feel like an accomplished draftsman. It's a split level house as the block slopes downward from the road. So it has a single story appearance from the street and full double story construction to the rear. The upper floor comprises of the master bedroom and ensuite, kitchen and sunken lounge, a study and sunroom (for taking tea) and the laundry and downstairs features the boys' bedrooms a bathroom and rumpus. (Now I sound like a real-estate agent.)

I'm open to suggestions :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Suggestion... How about having the bathroom between the boys rooms so its like a semi-ensuite for both? Would that work?

Kisses said...

That's what I intended at first but that back wall is a retaining wall so wouldn't have any windows for ventilation (I think?) and natural light and placing it toward the front would just impede the beautiful view! Plus having it position directly below the top floor bathroom will possibly save on plumbing expenses. XX