Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Some Renovations would do the Trick

My house is too small. Just like I can't organise my boobs to fit into the little size 8 and 10 bikini tops I used to wear, without them spilling out on all sides, neither can I organise all of our belongings to fit into this little place. I need bigger cupboards and cups!

I've washed and aired all our doonas and warmer throws to put away for next year. They're all folded up and there's just nowhere to put them. It's so unbearable. If I sucked all the air out of everything we own in those vacuum sealed bags maybe I could find somewhere to stash it all.

Mum has been in my ear every other day about selling up and buying a bigger house but I'd have to move so far away to get value for money if you ask me. They're asking the most ridiculous prices everywhere around here (which would work in my favour if I were to sell). I suppose we could sell this place to finance building a house on the block... But I really intended on keep them both so I can have something to leave each of the boys one day and the way me and Greg have been getting along we'll probably need separate dwellings anytime soon.

I had a phone call from another teacher asking me to share her class next year. It's good to know I'm a sort after commodity. So it's only a matter of time before we can begin making extra repayments on the loans and make a bit of headway in the financial area. Maybe then I can get some renno's.

Greg took a sicky and looked after Bubby and I went to work with the Grade Three's yesterday - it was quite the role reversal. Except I didn't get dinner made for me...

He joined Facebook last night so there was a bit more role reversal going on with me sitting on the couch alone making the banter "are you finished with your cyber buddies over there? Do you think you've ignored me for long enough yet?"

3 comments:

Jenn said...

you're on facebook? What a coincidence... so am I ;)

Teng R. Formoso said...

Nice blog :-) Very interesting. I'll be a regular reader.

Kisses said...

Well Thank-You!