Thursday, January 10, 2008

Izzy's back! YIPPEE!!

I left Bubby and Greg and the in-laws at home on Monday and took the trip up to Cairns to meet Izzy at the airport. Mum and two of her linedancing friends departed for a holiday in Sydney that afternoon so it coincided well and I was able to take them all up to the airport as well. We had a bit of time on our hands when we hit Cairns so I was able to pay a visit to my favourite op-shop where I snagged some bargains, while the ladies had a cuppa at Gloria Jeans. Then I had another leisurely 4 hours to idle away in between dropping the girls off and going back to pick Izzy up. They say time flies when you're having fun, and it did.

I went to visit my gf and her daughter (who loved the black JustJeans jumpsuit I thrifted for her). They were a little suprised to see me so far from home without Anakin, but we made the most of it by having a beautiful (uninterrupted) vego meal, followed by my first ever marathon session of Singstar. That was loads of fun and when, against the odds, I beat Tiff singing The Cure's Just like Heaven I gave her shit saying that was because I was the bigger fan. She hated me for that which gave me a good laugh...

Anyway at the airport I enjoyed watching everyone's excitement growing as they waited for their friends/family/lovers to arrive and seeing all the cuddles they received at the end of their wait. I could of guaranteed I wasn't going to get any cuddles off my young man - he's primary love language is definitely not physical touch and sure enough when he trudged up the ramp with his backpack on and I went in for a hug he brushed me off saying "Now, now Mum. It was only 2 weeks." He was glad to see me though and talked my ear off half of the two hour drive back home. Which was a good thing as I've only been getting about 5 or 6 hours a night lately and that drive was a total killer!

I had to really dig deep to get us home in one piece. I don't like driving at night at the best of times but on Monday night it was absolutely bucketing down with rain the entire way, so I was crawling along at 80ks, there was heaps of confusing roadworks, I couldn't use the high beams coz it was making my eyes hurt with the headache I had and I was dead tired. I felt like Elias from Clerks II, blinking too much with my head bobbing around strangely. I tell you I was sending out some prayers for the stamina to get us home to our family all right. Which I managed.

My boobs where rock-hard after having missed a couple of Anakins feeds and he woke up on cue just as I stumbled in after midnight. Izzy was glad to collapse in his own room too.

Anyway. Greg's been flat out building a chicken pen so I'll be a happy lady when that rooster is saftely cooped up away from my exposed ankles. And as everything he builds it is of superlative construction.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yippee!! I'm so happy for you! When my monsters go for a visit with the grands I am usually really happy for the time alone for about a week and then I'm ready to go after them. So glad you are posting today because I'm wallowing in the My-friend-is-moving-to-Thailand-and-
leaving-me-here self pity right now and no one is posting or commenting!

xoxo

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

"Now, now Mum. It was only 2 weeks."

What a little man! I'm glad he made it home safely. Sounds like you had a great day (minus the tiring drive home).

Anonymous said...

"Now, now Mum. It was only 2 weeks."

What a little man! I'm glad he made it home safely. Sounds like you had a great day (minus the tiring drive home).

@workingwomenaus said...

I'm so glad he's home safe and well. Will that help you sleep better at night? Thast drive sounds harrowing on so little sleep!

Anonymous said...

I'm sure you are thrilled to have your little man home safe and sound.

Clare said...

glad you got home safe - i hate driving in the rain (luckily it doesnt rain much here) let alone at night!!