Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Restart computer..

Well if one of my New Years resolutions was to give the best side of myself to my man and be the most caring and generous and wonderful partner and lover I can possibly be, I wouldn't be off to much of a start I can tell you that!

I think I've called him a Dickhead once or twice already and I KNOW I've called him a Toolhead a couple of times. I muttered other horrible things in his general direction and it's only the 2nd!! It's just that every now and again the mood to become a man-of-action mysteriously takes ahold of him and he gets things done that he has been making idle promises of for the last 6 months or so. And when this miracle happens, it becomes apparent to him all the things that he thinks I should be doing with my precious time, so he starts trying to be the boss of me, which no-one gets away with and so instead of hearing my praise for everything he's accomplishing he hears "Don't (beepin) tell ME what to do with my time!" and "I already cleaned out that cupboard 3 weeks ago so leave me alone you (BEEEP)!" Anyway it's not very nice of me coz the attitude I give him is about 10 times harsher than what he'd ever dole out. I think I'm suffering from PMS and I just need to take a deep breath and start over. It's just that he gets to go out to the Basketball whenever he likes, he gets taken fishing for whole days at a time, he passes on his responsibility of the baby whenever it takes his fancy to drink and smoke cigarettes with the neighbour, I gotta make the most of my free time in little chunks the best I bloody can! I get a lot of things accomplished WHILE Bubby's awake and nobody is going to make me feel guilty for sitting on my arse while he's asleep!! SO THERE!!!

Speaking of sitting on my arse and being a lazybones - the tennis is back on telle. YAY!! I love watching Perth's Hopman Cup (I'm going to make it there one New Years!!) and the Auzzie Open and all the tennis in between!

Yesterday for New Year's I set up the slip-n-slide, Bubby's wading pool and a big blanket full of toys underneath the cubby outside, some nice comfy outdoor lounges, a coffee table with tea and fruit and shortbreads and red wine. Rounded up some Mums and kids and had a great afternoon in the shade. The kids went flat-out sliding the whole time while we got to sit around chatting with our feet up. A scenorio that will definitely be repeated a few times before the school holidays end.

Gotta go to the newsagent! I feel incomplete without a 2008 calendar!

3 comments:

TheThingsIdTellYou said...

You're like me. I try to get as much as I can done while Sam's up. Then when he's asleep, that's my time. Which is generally spent here, reading blogs. :)

Anonymous said...

Men!

Anonymous said...

Ah...we all get to start our day over whenever we want to. I pull out the start over card frequently when things go that way!