Wednesday, January 16, 2008

All Good

Let me say a big thank-you to Chris. Without your generous donation of a big-old-brumby of an aircon' which Greg promptly mounted into the window I would be sitting in a puddle of sweat right now, instead I'm quite comfortable thank-you...until I go outside...

Greg is back at work after his 3 weeks off, the In-Laws have moved on and Izzy is off with his cousins watching a movie today so it's just me and Bub chillin' in the aircon'. Anakin is 18 months old on Saturday! I wanted to compile a list of all the words in his vocabulary so far but he tries his best to imitate every new word we teach him now so it'd be a pretty time consuming and impressively long list!

All Izzy's books are covered and his pencil cases in order and everything is packed ready to go back to school. Year Seven!! I can't believe he's a senior this year! I've been doing some of my own preparation as I start work a week from today, with two pupil free days and then every Wednesday from there. Each week I will be taking Year Three for one hour of Science, one hour of Computer, an hour of Art/Craft/Construction/Technology, plus we will be having a half hour of fitness and reading groups for half an hour. I think the kids have RE on my day so that will give me a little break as I have a half hour yard duty at big lunch as well. They'll be busy, busy days for me that for sure! It will be exciting to get stuck in! Plus Nick has decided to come here to look after Bubby so that will save me a lot of time running around in the morning.

I'm currently on day four of my new eating regime. It doesn't involve too much change really but I'm hoping it will help shift my extra 4 kilos. I've made myself two simple rules to stick by: Eat only raw, unprocessed food until midday. And eat dinner as early as possible and then not another thing after that. That way I have a good 13 or 14 hour fast through the night. For breaky I've been having a big mango first thing, followed by a little plate of dates and brazil nuts. Then for lunch I've been making a big sandwich on wholesome bread which I stuff with lettuce, cheese, hummus, left over veges, grated carrot..everything that looks good... sometimes it's ended up way too big and I cut it in half and have the other half for my early dinner!

Bubby's got a very cool little playground happening outside with his cubby, and the sandpit Greg set up over his holidays and the swing hanging out of the lychee tree so even with his new-found love of The Wiggles it's been hard keeping him inside out of the heat - most of the day I'm being dragged around the yard, sweaty, stinky and sandy. I've been meaning to take some photo's to post (of the chook shed as well) but that will take the synchronisation of a bright sunny day and the yard looking nicely mowed and that kinda doesn't happen too much 'round here.

3 comments:

JT said...

Sounds like things have settled down! I can't believe it's HOT there...It's going to be NINE degrees here on Saturday. Brrrr. Great that you got an A/C unit. I couldn't live through the summers here without one. And good luck on the eating thing. Sounds like a healthy approach. Sending love towards your hemisphere...

Anonymous said...

Last night when we came in from running errands it was 4 degrees! And windy! My least favorite!

xoxo
WM

Jenn said...

You live there and you didn't have an aircon before now?? OMG you are like Superwoman!