Sunday, October 28, 2007

Just yarnin'

How's this for a baby's breakfast? First he had some of his dad's cornflakes (not so good) but then he followed that up with a little plate full of assortments - walnuts, cashews, dried blueberries, dried pineapple and mini-wheats. Then he had a couple of chunks of organic paw-paw followed by a little hand full of organic mulberries, a drink of green coconut milk, some green tea, a cruskit and some liquorice as a treat. Phew - that boy takes some feeding! I was a bit less organised than I usually am on our latest trip to Cairns and he ended up dieting on a staple of sticky rice and banana's most of the time and take-aways - fried rice and omelet, fish and chips, pizza..

Speaking of take-aways I caved in big time and ate Macca's bacon and egg mcmuffin breakfasts twice over the weekend - hash browns and the lot!! So much for my boycott. Oh well - they're pretty bloody yummy after all - but only with added barbeque sauce. Sorry Jax Cavery and other local businesses, I'll try harder.

Greg played in the SuperLeague comp' in Cairns on the weekend. It's been so good to see his return to basketball after a LONG time out of action with back problems. He's been mentioned in the local paper every week here too as "Best Player". Anakin's going to follow in his footsteps for sure - he thinks about basketball all the time. I can tell. We've got a poster of Michael Jordan flying threw the air for a dunk and I taught him how to do this slamming motion and make this noise like "BUSS!" (a "u" sound like "bull" not "bus") and I can see his mind ticking over into basketcall mode and then he does it: "BUSS!" The kids life is saturated with basketball, he could hardly help it.

I bought Anakin a 50cm cuddly baby doll for XMas yesterday. I can't wait for him to have it. He loves all the babies we meet in the Mothers Rooms and out and about. He says it so cute too "Baby" and "Bubby". He's so gentle with them too.

But not so gentle with his Big Bruss! God he gives Izzy such a hard time. He totally wrestles him down and goes for all the real dirty moves - biting the skin on his back, trying to rip his nipples off, yanking his hair, poking him in the "blowhole" (throat) and whacking things into his "jublem" (Achilles tendon). He plays so dirty I've got to rouse on him.

I have to go into the primary school today to fill out paper work for my contract next year. Wednesdays will be my day with the Grade Three's. It'll be fun.

I'm doing face painting for the Under 8's carnival on Friday - I'm looking forward to that too. Face painting's been a hobby for ages. I love it.

Izzy is home for the next couple of days - all his class is at camp. Each year he never wants to go. I'm not about to force him. We like his company at home too much anyway.

No comments: