Tuesday, October 9, 2007

A Wild Occurance

happened to me today. I’ll tell you what. I went for a drive to Cairns with my sister on a whim. She had a few missions to get through so I got dropped off at the shops with Anakin to mooch around and possibly get some Christmas and birthday shopping done (my mum, dad and sister’s are all this month!) The first thing I did was go to Woolies to get Bubby some ‘sposies as I didn’t fancy the likelihood of his dudies staying dry with his cloth nappies on all day. Anyway there in the baby isle I recognised this beautiful lady whose blog I have been reading every day since I was in my early stages of pregnancy with Anakin! I didn’t know if it would be rude to interrupt her as she was in this zone checking out baby toys. I felt really strange and stalkerish just standing there watching her in my indecision, I really badly wanted to meet her, but I was totally unprepared and nervous!

I ended up paying for my things, tearing up to the mothers room to put a clean shirt on Bubby and makes sure I didn’t have some of my breakfast stuck in my teeth or some of Anakin’s breakfast in my hair and raced back to see if she was still there.

Which she was! I got up my gumption and just charged on up to her and said “Hey! Shouldn’t you be at home blogging?” Stupid I know, and I reckon I was turning various shades of red during the next few minutes as we kind of semi-awkwardly eased our way into a conversation.

Anyway I wasn’t a complete stranger to her, I think she knows about as much about me and my family as I do about hers, as she let me know she was a reader of my blog back when I started it at the beginning of the year. So meeting up in real life felt kind of fateful I spose and she was happy to talk to me. YAY! She even suggested we meet up after her Bubby is born. Double YAY! Her little fella looked so familiar (actually – sitting up like a good boy in the shopping trolley – he was the one I recognized first!) I kept wanting to smoogy him but he was looking at me warily probably thinking “Get out of my grill Stranger Danger”.

Anyway even though I’m very sorry our encounter made me late for a date with my darling friend Hayley (I should’ve known you’d head to the op-shop!) and I STILL haven’t seen her in God-knows how long, I couldn’t help but wander around with this dopey and amazed smile on my face all day long.

Unreal banana peel!

1 comment:

Averil said...

Awwww....I was thrilled to bits at being able to meet you Nadine!

And I was gobsmacked by how *familiar* you & your gorgeous boy both seemed to me! Didn't feel the slightest bit strange to be chatting face to face... it was like I'd known you 'in real life' for the longest time!

Which goes to show just how much of ourselves we can convey through the medium of blogging, doesn't it??!

xx Ave