Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Kids, if U want my attention, just leave a comment.

Greg would agree I’m getting lost in cyber space. In the midst of seducing him last night, I found myself wondering “what the hell is a degree of separation?” My sister is explaining to me how she got misquoted at the tile shop and I’m thinking “I wonder how JT’s bird dance went last night”. A pool party is going on next door and I miss half of it coz “I just have to check a couple blogs”.

I'll even sit at the computer with my legs tightly crossed because I don't want to waste what seems like my precious little computer time going to the toilet. How desperate is that?

My skirting boards are getting grubbier and grubbier as I sit at my computer considering what to include in my bio at Thirty Voices. The bathroom is getting mouldier as I type up new entries in A Trillion Kisses. My new electric piano gathers dust as I consult the Urban Dictionary to look up the meaning of “skeevy”. I can’t even be bothered to shift the clusters of Greg’s alcohol flagons that have made their way back into the house because I’m too busy checking for comments. (Vanilla can you send you’re Cleaning Angels around here? Do they water the plants as well?)

I can’t even adhere to my own rule of No Tech’ Tuesdays (thanks Tiff for giving it a name.) Lucky I like using my swivel chair or the kids would have to talk to the back of my head on occasions and that’s just wrong.

I’ve got problems. I need to go to Bloggers Anonymous.

PS - I think you're suppose to blog about life not blog about blogging! This whole post has been a serious case of metablognition.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Here you go lovie - intervention time!!!

http://darmano.typepad.com/bloggers_anonymous/

Now repeat the serenity prayer after me....

xx Tiff

Kisses said...

"My name's Nadine and I'm a blogaholic." :P

Anonymous said...

I sooooo relate to this post!!! You put it all so well...love the details. I have all of your symptoms.

This is how sick I am, I found your blog from the comment you left on JT's Thirty Voices essay, and when I saw your picture, I thought, "I bet they're sisters." How could it be that I've lost interest in putting on make-up to go out and see my real live & local friends because I'd rather check in on Sage's new cat, Marissa's marathon training and read all about JT's weekend instead?

I've been contributing to 30 voices for a couple months now and finally had to launch my own blog b/c I can't stop thinking about 30 voices! It's too new to me and waaaayyyyy addictive for me. HELP!!!

I want to grow up and be a "casual blogger"...Yeah, I can handle it. I can go more than 25 minutes without checking my blog stats. (I wish).

Anonymous said...

Hey - Thanks for the response...... from the looks of your blog, I think your input would be wonderful at 30 voices! You're no hack; I mean it! I hope you'll decide to join . . . either way, I'm happy to have run across "A Trillion Kisses" . . . You've got a reader in me. :)

Anonymous said...

Me again--I don't meant to seem stalkerish--just a quick question. I'm doing a post on my blog addiction and love the way you wrote about the topic in this post... would it be okay if I mention your blog & link to this post? I thought it'd be best to check first.
Thanks,
Ruth