Thursday, October 11, 2007

Randomlings

I’m fairly looking like crap lately. My hair’s bad, my chest is all spotty and I’m kidding myself if I think the hyper pigmentation I developed all over my face while being pregnant a whole year ago has faded – coz it hasn’t! It’s still all there – all loud and proud. Damnit! Oh well, least I don’t have to deal with emphysema, three clotted arteries in my heart and a brain aneurism all at once like this patient on RPA last night. (I’m thinking she needed to exercise some forethought everytime she stuck a cigarette in her mouth 10 times a day for twenty years. Don’t worry I’ll lack as much empathy for my old man when he develops some hideous lung disease too. Surely the repercussions have gotta make you wonder.)

Bubby has crashed out early this morning. I must have worn him out with our couple of trips around the yard - down to the mulberry tree for his breakfast, to the bottom of the driveway to wave “Brussy” off on the school bus, to collect the sticks fallen from the Sally Wattles trees overnight to heap up for our next fire and to explore inside one of the neighbours gardens (great spot for a cubby I discovered). Or maybe the anguish from being bitten by one too many Marchflies just exhausted him.

They are pretty rank at the moment – I sewed up some light long duddies for him but I need to make more so he can wear them everyday. We do our best to keep them off him but he is such an outdoorsy little fella that keeping him inside all day would be far worse a punishment then the bites of a few Marchies. He’s getting better at catching them anyway and the chicken races around plucking them out of the air. We just need about 20 more chickens and we’d be right!

If Izzy neglects to give Anakin a kiss before he makes his way down to catch the bus, Anakin follows behind him puckering up and practicing for a kiss the whole way. I reckon he’d walk 200 meters for a kiss from Brussy. It’s so cute.

The school called me yesterday and I’m taking the preps on Wednesday. Wow my first day of work since I was full term with Anakin. I better get back into the swing of it I suppose. Next year will see me doing three days a fortnight. Feeling ugly or not - how good have I got it hey?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey you!
I'm so glad you joined 30 Voices! Welcome!
Thanks for your comment on my "Why Blog" piece .... I left a response for you there.
Sweet dreams,
Ruth