Friday, February 15, 2008

As promised


This is how I do it. All day long. Actually today I'm a bit frantic, I've run out of Green Tea with a wisp of Jasmine and have had to settle for some strange tasting Australian Lemon Myrtle that Greg's Mum brought back from "Vincenzo's" at the "Big Apple" (like the Big Pineapple in Gympie but I think the Big Apple might be in Tazzie? I suppose I should have asked her.) And instead of the dates and brazil nuts today it's a big slab of sweet potato, chicken, capsicum, mozzarella and pine nut pizza I whipped up for a mid morning snack. So much for no cooked food in the morning! The stainless steel teapot is one I picked up at the markets, doesn't look real pretty but keeps the tea nice and hot, and the teacup and saucers is part of a set that my lovely neighbour gave me from her huge inheritance of crockery, silver and glass ware. I even take all this to school when I go! I'm a tea buff. So how do you do it? And no cheating with google images please!!

And this is Anakin's play ground (minus the ladder to get into the cubby which is holding up my minature climbing rose at the moment and his comfy chairs which the boys had put to use up on the mezzanine floor), where he spends not quite so much time as he does in Greg's shed.

Well we're pretty slack with buying Valentines Day gifts around here but I gave Greg something real good that should keep him smiling for at least a couple of days I think... God, I must have been ovulating or something yesterday... I'll spare you..

Anakin's latest skill is throwing and catching a volley ball. He's deadly. And such a bossy boots lately. He throws our shoes down at our feet and sings out: "Come!" He points at which chair he wants you in and yells "Sit!". He sounds like a bloody dog trainer. Except he's gotten a bit too tricky for himself and when he doesn't want to lie down for bed at night he insists he needs a poo and says "Potty. Potty." And it's hard to know whether he's serious or not coz half the time he does and half the time he just wants to run around the house with no pants on for a while longer. Last night we were up and down so much in the end I told him "I don't care if you need a poo or not, you can bloody well do it in your pants!"

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Green tea with ginger today and full of honey with the water out of a proper hot water urn, thank you very much! There was no snack as I was on the run to valentine parties at schools and then in-line hockey game after that!

Jenn said...

Lately the only tea I drink is dodgy hospital stuff out of styrofoam cups with about 4 sachets of sugar. Gut churning.

lol glad Greg enjoyed Valentines Day.

Anonymous said...

I can't figure out how to post a picture, but this morning I'm using my fancy china cup ans saucer. I'm having strawberry/kiwi green tea with 1/2 pack of splenda, and a few pieces of dried fruit.

Kisses said...

I didn't realise green tea was so popular. Jen yours sounds divine :P Most tea is good for me, except Nerada is friggin disgusting. And mum drinks her Earl Grey with skinny milk and ends up making it taste like bones. Gross.

ltwis - I forgot to reply about our weather - our Winter is June, July and August. It has been known to get down to about 10 degrees just before sunrise for about 15 seconds on the odd occassion. I'd say there'd be people around here who don't even own a jumper! (Coat, parker, poncho.) I usually just wear a long singlet top underneath my usual clothes.

I hope you use that follow up comment feature so you will actually get this! XX