Sunday, February 3, 2008

Pims in the pool

Had lime and frangelica followed by a couple of pims 'round my lovely neighbour's pool this arve. (Don't worry...the fellas were looking after the kids.) I've hardly seen her lately and realise I've missed her company. She's good value. (Nick has been staying up at Mum's with her kids lately so I've just been scooting up there for a visit when I feel like seeing someone for a cuppa.) We ended up going for a big powerwalk around the neighbourhood afterwards. That was nice too.

Exercise needs to become a more regular factor in my life, I'm starting to go like custard! She feels the same way and is going to devote her time to fitness, now that her youngest is in Kindy 3 days a week. She's started swimming training and is going a couple nights a week. I'd like to give it a go, but I've never been much of a swimmer (I get the giggles in the water and nearly drown myself), I can see myself getting exhausted after the 5th or 6th lap (with about 100 to go) and having to haul myself back over the side for a spew.

I've got the opportunity to buy a great treadmill that's been used for about 2 hours in total, off a friend of mine. But then why bother when I can just go outdoors with the best rolling hills, rainforest and views to die for? I actually like the satisfaction of refraining from buying things. It's good. (Just wait, I'll probably be telling you about my new treadmill next...) Besides, I'm yet to get good use out of the Spinner I bought a couple years back..

We went down to the school for a hit of tennis yesterday arve. Greg's still living down the slaughtering I gave him. Ha ha. He's dying to get back there to redeam himself but he kinda split his side trying to get an ace past me. I told you he was injury prone. And Izzy's improved all of a sudden. He puts it down to his "Grade 7 instinct" kicking in. The bloke that keeps the grounds at that school is so fabulous. It's immaculate and the lawns feel like golf greens. There were a heap of walabies hanging around so Bub was well entertained too.

Watched "Juno" the other night and loved it. Two thumbs up from me.

(Some time later) I'm so glad I didn't miss Ruth's post. With all those reminders of the benefits and beauty of walking meditation and hiking through nature who could buy a treadmill?!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah, nothing beats walking out in the woods.

Yay for Juno!

What's a pim?

If I didn't have to go to my dastardly job so often, I'd be able to keep up regular readings of your blog. I always enjoy stopping by when there's time.

Anonymous said...

I can't wait to move so I can walk outside year round and not freeze off bits and pieces during these wintery times!

Anonymous said...

we just watched juno a few nights ago... loved it!!

Kisses said...

Hi Ladies!

Ruth, NG would know, Pims is a fortified wine you drink mixed with ginger ale to wash down your cucumber sandwiches while playing a spot of croquet. What! Indeed.

"Hiking through the woods" is something I would only say to imitate an American ;p. We call it "bushwalking".

Luv you gals on my blog. XX

Anonymous said...

hmm Pimms! I have a big bottle of it just waiting for our summer. I'll have to invite Ruth and Andy over so they can try it out.

Jenn said...

Have been wondering where you've been - evidently sipping pims in the pool!!

Anonymous said...

I wonder if they have Pims in Belarus? Is that what the label says? Pims?

I hate swimming but I LOVE water aerobics. What a great workout!