Saturday, February 23, 2008

Why I Blog?

The question has been thrown out there and handballed over to me by NotGoth so I better just sit here and think about it...

Mmmm well for one thing I favour written communication, it allows me to cogitate on things a little longer (I'm a bit slow witted..). Since the pot-smoking days are long over I'm not much into introspection, but I do enjoy the retelling of personal events and the funny things that happen around here. You know that movie "What Women Want"? Well I'd hate for other people to overhear my internal dialogue -blogging affords me the challenge of trying to take a little of the load of nonsensical dribble that is my inner voice and sorting it into a neat succinct little paragraph that is fairly easy to understand. Like doing a puzzle really, and a reminder that I'm not completely retarded.

Another thing is that I like to think that I'm understood by at least a handful of people. Clearly I'm not one of those cool girls with 3 thousand friends listed on Facebook but I love that I have a little audience who find my life interesting enough to come back and visit over again. That puts a big smile on my face everytime.

Lastly a blog is very satisfying to my aesthetic sensibililities. It all just looks so neat and tidy. Actually I've been trying to change my colour scheme and header background for a while but I just can't do it. I love checking out other peoples layouts, borders, lists and links. It's just so nice, like a glossy coffee table book. Don't you agree?

For this blogging challenge I would like to tag the more frequent Aussie bloggers in my blogroll: Elemental, Vanilla and Kim. I think the rules are that you link to the person that has tagged you and povide links to those three new people you tag. Something like that. Oh and of course LIST 3 REASONS WHY YOU BLOG. Join in if you like, no drama if you don't. ;)

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

"I love that I have a little audience who find my life interesting enough to come back and visit over again. That puts a big smile on my face everytime."

this makes me smile, too!! here's to blogging and the internets and the webesphere and all the fun things that go along with it!!

Anonymous said...

blog friends rock!

Shel said...

Why do I blog?? Probably because I'd bore most of my IRL people to death.... ;)

No, mostly, because I feel I can say exactly what I like without worrying about what people think. And, because of that, I seem to get the most clarity!!

Anonymous said...

IT is like doing a puzzle! Well said.

And you taught me a new word today: cogitate. How could I go my whole life without knowing that one?

I love that you love your little audience & I'm glad to be a part of it. I only wish there were more hours in a day so I could read ALL of your material instead of my weekly drop in. One of these days . . . .

Clare said...

i love reading your online coffee table book :D

Anonymous said...

I definitely think you are one of the cool girls.

Ruth - cogitate must not have been on Mrs. Orr's vocabulary list : )