Monday, February 18, 2008

Mondaze

Well I haven't done a Monday survey question in a while so here's one. "Fess up. Do you save pictures of blog buddies into a picture folder on your computer?

Yesterday started off typically with a trip to the markets for mangoes, longans, eggs, sticky rice, passionfruit, honey... and then I mixed it up a little bit by meeting with an old school friend who sadly developed delusional schizophrenia after reaching purberty and has suffered socially as a result. We had a good laugh over some lunch. (I think I'm the only one who gets away with teasing her about her phantom pregnancy and setting her straight about facts like sperm only being able to live for a few days, not eight years. And I think she might be the only one I know of to get away with telling people they look haggard from too much sex, with no actual evidence to base her insinuations - not even a bit haggard looking! Ha Ha) We were coincidently joined by two other great old school mates, who were celebrating 13 years of marriage!! So it turned out to be a little high-school reunion. It was good. We were suppose to go for a hit of tennis afterwards but the courts were taken, so we had to take a raincheck.

Izzy's having the day off school as he's got a gnarly cough. Poor boy. Keeping him away from the dairy products is always difficult though. He's a huge milk and cheese fan. He's got dairy farming in his Murgon bloodline, where the babies went straight onto the cows tit.

Went to a Teppanyaki night over at the neighbours on Saturday. I made a cobloaf with a yummy bacon and onion, creamed corn, sourcream, cheese filling. It was toasty and tasty. Others made garlic and chilli prawns, fried rice, fish, an eggplant dish, various kebabs, pullaparts etc. The drinks were a'flowing and we all took turns at donning the apron. It was fun. I love it when big groups of people get together to eat.

Last Wednesday was a bit less traumatising with the schoolkids. Probably because I knew what I was in for! I'm doing a theme on "Colours" with them for ScienceslashTechnologyslashArt. So last week I made up three big tubs of butter icing in each of the primary colours and everybody got to mix up the three secondary colours on top of biscuits and munch them down while filling in their colour wheels. This week they will be looking at printed images through magnifying glasses, discussing Pointillism and giving it a go. Should be good, but they'll probably go "Miss are we going to get fed this lesson? Bring on the food." Our kids have a fruitbreak mid-morning so I'm usually rocking up with a big bagfull of bananas or some coconut for the little poorphan kids anyway.

Better finish for now but will be back at some stage with a pic of Anakin cute as a button in his dancing tutu.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are a lovely sweet soul that always makes smile with your posts!

TheThingsIdTellYou said...

Love the new profile pic. :)

As for the Monday question. No. Not thus far. ;)

Kisses said...

It's okay, you can tell me, I know you've got a picture of me on your desktop... ;)

Clare said...

If i say no does this make me a bad blog friend?!

Jenn said...

No to Monday question.

Yes please to bicuits with butter icing!!