Monday, February 11, 2008

Ba-Gark!!

I meant to tell you before now that we picked up some freebie chickens the other day as our one crazy rooster and one lonely chick were just not doing Greg's spacious chicken coop justice. Well we didn't want to be too fussy at the time, coz the bloke was giving them to us for free and all, but I tell ya we ended up with the three fugliest looking chickens around! Chickens do go through this awkward adolescent stage - but nuh, these ones are just plain ugly. And just as these gorky-looking ones came along and made me appreciate my one cute red chubby speckly little henny penny she goes missing!! Greg went to check on them on Saturday night and came back up to the house announcing "It's back". I was like "Oh good!" Thinking he meant the chicken. But this is what he meant:


That big bulge in the snakes guts is where my chicken ended up. And not only are those other ones ugly but they're stupid too! Look at them snuggling up with that snake! Greg had to wake them up and shush them away!!

PS - That's not Greg's spacious chicken coop - that's just the guinea pig cage we are using so the chicks have got somewhere to escape the horny rooster. Greg sacrificed a pair of thongs to the inside of the coop which are permanently being made use of, but we were still worried about those poor young things.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

you know how the other day you said how you screamed when a bug landed on you? Take that scream, times it by 10 and you would still only be half way to how loud I would scream if I walked in on the snake in the chicken coup.

You are never going to get me in Australia with posts like these! lol

Kisses said...

Oi, not just a bug, a stick insect - it was a good 25 centimetres long! Snakes don't bother me so much (non venomous ones anyway!). I've seen ones 20 times bigger than this one, practically anacondas! Ones that would swallow me up whole given half a chance!

Averil said...

Yuuuuuuck.

I loathe snakes - can barely look at this picture without dry retching.

Save the chickens! Save the chickens!!

xx Averil

Shel said...

I know someone in Queensland who went to go to the toilet, turned on the light and here's this monster snake sitting on her cistern...

I'd have never gotten a photo of either that snake, or this one!!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

" I've seen ones 20 times bigger than this one, practically anacondas! Ones that would swallow me up whole given half a chance!"

and

"I know someone in Queensland who went to go to the toilet, turned on the light and here's this monster snake sitting on her cistern..."

OK not selling Australia to me here folks! lol

Anonymous said...

I second that NG...I'm not going anywhere near Australia with snakes that size! I'll stay right here and freeze my "arse" off in Belarus thank you very much. At least I only have to worry about the KGB here! LOL