Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Bump

The little fella from next door let himself in the house while I was outside yesterday arve. I came in with the washing and closed the sliding glass door after him. He got up to leave while I was putting my basket down and smacked his head right into the door – it cracked the entire pane from top to bottom and out to both sides! It knocked him flat on his back! The lump that came up on his forehead looked like a cartoon one! Silly little sod! I felt terrible because he probably remembered leaving it open!

That doorway is bad news for the neighbour’s kids, the older brother was here the other day – tripped out the doorway (I did have him by the back of the neck…) and sliced his toe open on a bit of flashing that shouldn’t have been there! I had to administer first aide as his blood leaked all over my pavers! My kids just aren’t accident prone thank God!

My fellow SAHM next door finds it very strange that I have both the kids’ dads here at the same time. She couldn’t imagine it. But Greg is a very cool guy and has never made an issue of having Paul come here to spend time with Izzy. I’m very thankful for that – I’ve got his complete trust and he knows where my heart lies I make sure of that!

Anakin is cutting another top tooth which explains why he refuses to hop off the boobie all night long.

Went and had a lovely breaky at the local markets and meandered around with Mum. Bought some spuds and eggs and some greens and looked at some jewelry to accessorize my outfit for the wedding. Saw some beautiful wooden toys that I would have loved to buy for Anakin and just the most adorable little girls cotton set with tunic top and matching dudies – white with Botichelli looking angels all over – I would have loved to hang in my cupboard for little “Oprah”. But my catch phrase of the day was “I’m on a budget”.

Last night we had the opportunity to attend our mate’s 50th masquerade party at Wongetti Beach, a pig on a spit at the BIL’s or a “Dancing Girls” hens night (just me) at Casa De Mez (and everywhere else in town.) But Greg volunteered himself at work for both Saturday and Sunday so we can keep the dream alive. Poor guy. I’m a bit dirty on myself - when I go out to do the grocery shopping I end up including things like: a sim card for one of our phones, a little diamond earring for my tragus, (besides a ring Greg bought me it’s the only piece of jewelry I wear!) A gold earring for Izzy, expensive powdered mineral foundation and Joico shampoo and conditioner.

Plus I recently had to fork out for rego, a root canal and Greg’s $370 birthday present! (He’s goin’ to love it!) I need to get a grip on myself!

Greg’s been talking about budgeting for ages but I’m the reluctant one (maybe it’s got something to do with me not even having to work for my money.) I worry that budgeting results in stinginess and I can’t stand stinginess. I love to pick up cakes if we are visiting, I love to shout cuppas and not have to worry about whether the budget accommodates.

But realistically I’m sure I can live with bad hair from cheapie shampoo and still manage to share a pastry. God, I used to live on bugger all – it should be quite familiar!

No comments: