Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Shoetopia

I spent hours this weekend perusing shoe shops. Now I see what the shoe fetish is all about. I understand. I found myself zoning in on all the furry tactile shoes that look like they’ve been designed by a Surrealist fashion designer like Elsa Schiaparelli or that person that designed the furry teacup.

(How much have Big Brother contestants overused the word "surreal" over the years? Can't they think of something else to describe their experience?! I will never use that word other than to reference the art movement as long as I live.)

And I loved some of the vintage style pumps. God – there’s some sexy shoes out there. I think I’ve mentioned I’m typically a sneakers kind of girl. I’ve got silver ones and gold ones – I like teaming them up with knee length skirts. I think I’m one of the few people who think sneakers and skirts work. And I’ve rediscovered my cherry docs lately too – you can shop all day without getting sore feet in those old beauties. But I have branched out to include some silver roushed ballet flats and the comfiest pair of red and white “Swimming with Sharks” and a pair of black Chinese Laundry boots that make me look like I should be in a Brothers Grimm fairy tale.

Anyway I’m very happy with my purchase – a pair of pewter supersoft Dianna Ferari’s. They are closed in and pointy with pleats and a kind of frilled effect, they have a closed in heel with one ankle strap and a tiny little heel. They’re lovely and feminine. I tried them on for Greg and he told me “You’ve got good-lookin’ feet Babe”.Now I just need to find something to wear that will match my new shoes and I’ll be all set for this wedding.

Actually not quite – I desperately need a haircut!

Wow just read the thread on digital clocks and I’ve been seeing 11:11 for years. Actually I was recently thinking I would email my old friend and ask him if he still sees 11:11 too – he’d have some numerological explanation for how it is the vibrational gateway to a higher plane of existence or something similar. (He was always right into numbers, they had a significance to him that I was reluctant to acknowledge. We shared many a freaky experience, me and him.) How’s this – I was at my niece’s birth the day I became an Aunty for the first time – she was born at 11 past 11 on the 11th of the 1st! That was one of the most incredible days of my life!

Actually when you look at mine and my DS1’s numerological birth numbers they are identical. I was starting to get fussy with numbers when it was closer to Anakin’s birth date too – I really wanted him to be born on an odd number like all the rest of the family, and one that cancels down to an odd number as well – I got lucky – he was born on the nineteenth – that cancels down a one.

I think my old boyfriend rubbed off on my more than I like to admit!

No comments: