Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Threatened Breakdown

Okay so I admit to treating Greg for his birthday and eliminating some of the excess growth down in my sexual regions – except I did it with a razor – and now I regret it! Itchy, itchy, itchy! I’m squirming around like I’ve got crabs! Oh well – he appreciated it for the whole hour or so that it was silky smooth…

He loved his real birthday present too – I bought him all the kegs and taps and regulators and starter kit that he needs to begin brewing beer, so as well as distilling his own alcohol, in a month or two he’ll also have his own beer on tap! We might as well have a funeral for his liver right now. Even though I feel like an accessory to its inevitable demise (I think his next gift to me needs to be a life insurance policy) Greg reckons it was the best present he’s ever got. Ever. So that was good.

Plus I made him a big batch of rocky road thinking that it was his favourite goody. Turns out it’s not his but his brothers, luckily he was here anyway. I was reminded that it’s apricot balls and jelly that’s actually Greg’s favourite so made him those as well. (If his liver doesn’t kill him the sugar diabetes will.)

Anyway he had a great weekend celebrating his 27th birthday. (I got a call from a payphone at about 2.30 on Saturday morning “We fell asleep on the beach. Please come and pick us up!) They followed that night out with a fishing trip to the reef and a couple more stints down at the resort. By this time I’d felt like I’d been left with the sole parenting duties far too many weekends in a row and cracked the sh*ts and threatened a nervous breakdown if I didn’t get some time to myself. Bubby has been going through this really bad phase of biting and scratching and pinching and fighting off my reaction to give him a little smack was nearly doing my head in.

So come Sunday I had some much deserved time to myself.I went to the markets in the morning and forced myself to stay longer than I actually wanted to and then I caught up with my sister and some girlfriends at lunchtime for a girly catchup. (One of them is going to get me a heap of gum tree seedlings from a tableland nursery on Tuesday so I can plant a gum tree grove on the block! Awesome!) Then I had a beverage with my wonderful neighbour in the arvie.

Last night we went to the bistro for my brother’s birthday too, so yet another weekend has passed where I’ve eaten way too much! Oh well. Food’s good.

Anakin doesn’t need anything to help pull himself to standing anymore. He can just hop up where ever he is and start walking! It’s shocking to look up and see him toddling toward me. His brother is that proud of him too!

He loves to take us by the hand and walk us all around the yard. He goes for the most challenging rugged route too. Up over the banks and through all the branches of the fruit trees. Through green ants nests and over the gravel drive. He climbs the almost vertical bank to get up to the shed where he goes straight for the dog bikkies, he dunks them all in the water bucket until they’re good and soggy and then transfers them all back again while snacking on a couple! YUCK!

Do you ever have dreams where you morph into someone else? Or the opposite gender? I do it all the time. Last night, half way through my dream I turned into Elemental. (Yep, I’m one of those ones that dream about people from EB that I don’t even know) - Something really disturbing had happened in my relationship that motivated me to pack up my old life. I was rifling through drawers and putting all these gorgeous frocks and those red shoes into a big bag! It was weird having girls in my dream and not boys, I won’t go on coz it gets even weirder. Please tell me I’m not alone.

No comments: