Sunday, May 6, 2007

Glory Be!

Man I have to tell you how excited I am!!

So much stuff happened over the weekend including the arrival of a baby cousin for Anakin – little boy of Uncle Christo and sadly, his estranged ex-girlfriend. So first we had a trip to Cairns for Iz to see his Dad followed by an impromptu journey to Townsville with Chris who, after being given the news of his boys arrival didn’t stop crying for a good 48 hours. He was really happy to have some of his side of the family there to support him at the hospital surrounded by all of hers. Anyway things went very “amicably”, in fact that was like word of the day! For him all tension and bitterness of the past dissolved away with the arrival of his beautiful healthy baby – he’s looking at things much more positively now so that’s all good.

Yeah-but-no-but-yeah-but-no-but…in amongst all this I found the time to read the Real Estate Guide, I was sitting there not quite knowing why I was bothering and almost put it away a couple of times but somehow I managed to get right to the end where all the private adds are that I never usually read and GUESS WHAT???

There was this little tiny add for 1 and a half acres right in the back of a close that is the closest closest closest you can get to this creek I’ve been talking about!! It was really reasonably priced but I knocked ‘em down a bit anyway!! We didn’t get a chance to see it until last night on our way home – it’s elevated on top of a breezy slope and you can HEAR the creek!! I’m just waiting for Anakin to wake up so I can go check it out again and meet the owners in town so they can give me details from the council and a map of the boundaries etc. I’m just so stoked!! I’m just hoping that there’s nothing that puts us off – like an easement running up the middle of it or something, but I think this is just meant to be, I can’t wait, I can’t wait, I can’t wait!!

No comments: