Wednesday, May 2, 2007

NOT!

I’m only this working hours, weekday affair with Anakin, otherwise he just wants his Daddy. He rides way up high with his Dad, his Daddy takes him outside more, his Dad lets him touch the middle of the fan when it’s going flat out, his Dad gets him big cubes of ice to suck on…apparently he’s just all round better.

And then they team up on me to tease me and rub salt into my already smarting wound. They pull this stunt on me. In my very slang terms they conspire together and “dummy me up”. When Greg’s holding Bubby he comes up to me and leans him right out as if he’s going to pass him over to me, Bub looks at me very slyly and sometimes stretches one arm and a pointed finger out as if he’s going along with it too, I clap my hands together and hold them out for him and then just at the last second he twist back around, clambers back up onto his Dad’s shoulder and they both laugh at me hysterically and go NOT!!

Humiliating! And it’s Greg’s favourite thing to show people too!

A bit like the internet last night, I put in this order of clothes from EZBUY, paid for it with my VISA debit card, my funds got taken but my order – NOT!! I spent all morning having to sort the debacle out!

Now I don’t drink or smoke, I don’t go to the salon and spend money on my hair (Lord knows it needs it!), I don’t buy jewelry and rarely makeup. I don't gamble. All hair removal gets done at home (which reminds me I better get onto that before Anakin mistakes me for the dog! ) But I’ve got a bit of a thing for clothes, I like to have a good selection but my turnover’s been a bit limited with my recent accumulation of milk-making fat.

I love op-shopping and mixing up little vintage pieces too. I’ve got my favourite where I’m a frequent shopper, I try to drag along a friend who absolutely abhors op-shops as much as I love them, just so I can watch her pathologically conjur up fits of sneezes and hive outbreaks all over her body. Har ha – it’s funny. Ya gotta be there. Man I’ve ratted out some absolute gems in the op-shop – it’s like treasure hunting for me! Anyway I’ve been exercising a fair bit of self control lately especially considering most of the items I’ve being eyeing off over the last few months have recently been reduced!! I was lamenting about my clothes situation last night and Greg mumbled something along the lines that I should have ordered those tops I wanted. So I took that as a green light and jumped online and did it. You should have seen how fast I moved, like an addict getting a fix! (Sometimes I like to let him believe he’s the Bossman, but really, if I could fit into them, I wear the pants!)

I can’t wait for my package in the mail now, not fluffy mail (I don’t even know what that is!), Mummy mail!!

I’m reading this awesome book at the moment, it called “Overtaken”. I can’t wait to lend it to my brother, he appreciates my taste.

No comments: