Tuesday, May 1, 2007

A Good Girly Mag' in the Sun

Bubby emerged from the weekend with his bottom teeth exposed! So considering he had no other symptoms I gather that was the source of the fever. Not sick at all really – what a little trouper!

No TV/Computer?XBox day yesterday so I indulged myself in a magazine – I occasionally shout myself an OK! It’s not as slanderous and insensitive as some of the others are written and I’m a bit of a sucker for celebs and beautiful clothes. Allows you common ground with your fellow female too, you know... "How cute are Posh n Becks kids?...Check out Jessica's gorgeous hair. God Angelina gives me the sh*ts!" One of my girlfriends gives me hell about enjoying a bit of reality TV and a good girly mag, she thinks I'm trying to live vicariously through others but then she wonders why she's such an isolet and can't relate to anyone.

Anyway my idea of ultimate relaxation is reclining nude in the sun with a hot cuppa and an unread mag (and no kids to supervise). Oh Yeah!

Yep, Izzy’s adjusted well with Tuesdays and doesn’t even question it. He plays with his little Bruss heaps more and we get to talk over a boardgame, it’s heaps good. We should do it every second day but I won’t push my luck.

When Iz was little and I worried about the amount of TV he watched – thinking that he depended on it too much for entertainment, I’d stick it in the cupboard under the stairs for days at a time. To my surprise it wouldn’t phase him in the slightest. Kids are great adjusters.

I’m particularly in love with my man lately. I’m probably ovulating or something?? We’ve decided the drastic population explosion is a good reason not to have any more babies. In our family there’s three parents and two children, so we’ll actually reduce the next generation. What d’ya think? David Suzuki and Al Gore would be proud?

No comments: