Thursday, May 3, 2007

Lively Jaunt

Well that weekend was a lively jaunt! My cousin and her man, along with their little bubba dropped in for a brownie and a cuppa and a playdate with Anakin. Then we caught up with them again the following morning at the markets where we lazed around on a picnic rug feeding the babies longans and bazil stalks and eating scones and jam.

By the time I arrived home I had another carload of visitors – My wild and beautiful friend Kyra who I hadn’t seen for about a year! She brought her new man and her two little girls and stayed for the rest of weekend.


We promptly started celebrating our reunion by drinking bailies and butterscotch snaps. At one stage we even got to go for a swim and a rock hop up my favourite creek without any kids and dried off in the sun sharing a beer. What a luxury!

Another of Greg’s mates from the mill dropped over a couple times. He smoked cigarettes in front of the baby so I can definitely live without him in future. He brought a friend with him – she greeted me with a big sloppy kiss and looked as if she’d drank way too much, but she didn’t smoke near Bub so she’s okay.

Got my eye on another block of land, near aforementioned favourite creek. We went for a drive to check it out and take some photo’s yesterday arve before family night. It doesn’t come on the market for another few months so we’ve got some time to think about it.

Dancing has started back up again – I’m going to the beginners class this term – it’s slightly more manageable!

Got to go and back up my persimmon breakfast with something more filling – a leftover burrito perhaps.

No comments: