Tuesday, January 2, 2007

My Garnished Little Fatman

Anakin had a visit from his Grandma tonight – she covered him in a trillion kisses and told him he was yummy just like a cream bun. I hope he likes kisses because he’s not exactly in a position to refuse. Considering the beamingly pleased look he gets on his face I’m pretty sure he does.

Sometimes he gets in a real kissy mood – he grabs two big wads of hair on either side of my face and pulls me in for a big slobbery one. He even has a good feel around with his tongue. Kissing him is sometimes like having a big drink of spit! So I have to be careful what angle he’s on.

I’ve noticed that Anakin is entertained, not so much with toys, as real bits of nature. He can be fascinated with a dried up leaf for ages. Yesterday it was a climbing-spinach stalk, today, it has been a big sprig of parsley. And then he was trying to garnish himself with a fistful of fresh basil! After bedtime we have to pick up all the little bits of wilted greenery left over from the days play.

The most reoccurring comment I get about my baby is “Gee, he’s in good nick!” And he is! And it’s no accident either! I eat the biggest healthiest breakfasts to make sure his tucker is packed full of goodness. Lately I’ve been eating a huge bowl of diced up cherries, blueberries, mango, gold kiwi fruit, grapes and fresh dates all mixed up with yogurt and chopped brazilian nuts. YUM! Other days I have a gigantic smoothie made on pineapple, banana, mango, orange, grapes and carombola! Divine! I’m packed full of superfoods and free radical scavenging antioxidants! And so is he! Mind you I’m not disciplined enough to be a real strict health fanatic or anything, I just enjoy good food. And lots of it! And so does he. He’s a solid 8 and a half kilo’s. I call him my Fatty-fat-fat. But he’s really a ball of muscle.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Genial brief and this post helped me alot in my college assignement. Say thank you you as your information.